Getting Started With Arduino Uno R3 based Two Wheeled Round Robot

MShrekhar

Joined Mar 9, 2023
As part of my internship at IIIT-B which I started in January 2023, I have been working on an Arduino Uno R3 based Two Wheeled Robot. My project involves multiple such robots interacting with each other as well as the environment. I am currently using the Arduino IDE for this project. The robot was fully assembled with an Ultrasonic sensor HC-SR04, DC Motors and L293D motor driver, and programmed for obstacle avoidance. The kit came with an HC-05 Bluetooth UART Module for establishing communication for simple indoor applications. When I started testing it for other functionalities, I realised that retrieving the original obstacle avoidance code was not possible and hence contacted the provider for the original code and libraries required for the same. The code I received was not giving me any results, and hence I went ahead and simply installed the standard Adafruit Motor Shield library. I have used the examples from this library to programme locomotion of the robot. Currently, the robot can maintain a fixed distance from any obstacle, it moves back if the obstacle is too close and keeps moving forward if there is no obstacle within the fixed distance range. I have also finished establishing the robots as Master and Slave using the HC-05 Bluetooth UART module. This communication link will be used to coordinate and ensure synchronisation between the bots.

Ya’akov

Joined Jan 27, 2019
Welcome to AAC.

Did you intend to ask a question or was this just a report on what you are doing? If it’s the former there isn’t any question I can see, and if it’s the latter it’s a bit surprising since this is your first post here and there is no context.

In any case, welcome to the forums. Please read the threads and if you can help with the question that’s more than welcome. If you have questions of your own, please ask them. There is a lot of collective knowledge, experience, and wisdom here.

MShrekhar

Joined Mar 9, 2023
Welcome to AAC.

Did you intend to ask a question or was this just a report on what you are doing? If it’s the former there isn’t any question I can see, and if it’s the latter it’s a bit surprising since this is your first post here and there is no context.

In any case, welcome to the forums. Please read the threads and if you can help with the question that’s more than welcome. If you have questions of your own, please ask them. There is a lot of collective knowledge, experience, and wisdom here.
Hi,

I wanted to report my current work and hoped it would be of use to others.
If anyone is working with similar hardware, I presume my work would be of help to them.

Happy to be part of the Forum!

Thank you,
Manasi

MShrekhar

Joined Mar 9, 2023
Hi, is there any problem with your project so far?
I just wanted to talk about the journey I have had and hoped it would be of use to others. Its still in the developing stage, so as and when I finish reaching milestones, I am hoping to update everyone on it.

Thank you,
Manasi

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
I would also recommend that you start a Blog entry. By their nature, discussion threads are pretty ephemeral and quickly go inactive and drop of everyone's radar. They might pop up as people do searches, but someone specifically wanting to see what progress you are making may or may not be able to craft a search to find it.

ScottWang

Joined Aug 23, 2012
As other Moderators already suggested that if you like to share your good projects on your Blog -- Blog List, it would be a great help to our members, if other members that they have better ideas for your project and they will also give you a suggestion, so you can improve your skills.

Blog entries by ScottWang.