Get Rid Of Unwanted Frequency from Audio InPut

Adfly

Joined Dec 31, 2019
1) REPLACE the mic and its cable means to remove them. Add a short piece of wire from where the mic output cable was connected and to the circuit ground instead.
2) Put everything inside a grounded metal box.
1578254031991.png
audio guru i did what you said there are the above following cases in different situation
previously i had connected -ve input to gnd result is same in both
kindly suggest?

Audioguru again

Joined Oct 21, 2019
I am glad to see that Texas instruments agrees with me to disable an unused opamp or I agree with them.

Your schematic wrongly shows a 5V supply that is too low for an NE5532 dual opamp. But you said you are using a 9V battery. Is it new and is actually 9V or is it 5V or less and is old?

Since the hum increased when your hand was near the circuit then the circuit wiring is picking up hum. It needs to be more compact or it needs a grounded metal box.

Since the hum is gone when you touch the mic body then the cable that connects the mic body along the shield of the cable to the circuit ground is probably poor quality or has a poor connection.

Adfly

Joined Dec 31, 2019
I am glad to see that Texas instruments agrees with me to disable an unused opamp or I agree with them.

Your schematic wrongly shows a 5V supply that is too low for an NE5532 dual opamp. But you said you are using a 9V battery. Is it new and is actually 9V or is it 5V or less and is old?

Since the hum increased when your hand was near the circuit then the circuit wiring is picking up hum. It needs to be more compact or it needs a grounded metal box.

Since the hum is gone when you touch the mic body then the cable that connects the mic body along the shield of the cable to the circuit ground is probably poor quality or has a poor connection.
How a proper grounded and improper grounded circuit looks like Audioguru can show using schematics
I actually i dont understand it easily kindly demonstrate it

Audioguru again

Joined Oct 21, 2019
An electret mic has two pins. One pin is its signal and the other pin is the case that is signal ground.
You said the hum increased when you touched the mic's case then the connection to circuit ground was:
1) The ground pin had a bad connection to the mic's case.
2) A bad solder joint of the cable's shield wire to the mic ground pin.
3) A poor quality shield wire of the audio cable.
4) A bad solder joint of the shield wire to the circuit ground.

I have never had a power supply produce interference to a circuit like yours does.
The preamp circuit would have less interference pickup without a shielding metal box if its circuit board is more compact and has a ring of ground foil around its perimeter.

Adfly

Joined Dec 31, 2019

How a proper grounded and improper grounded circuit looks like Audioguru can show using schematics
I actually i dont understand it easily kindly demonstrate it
An electret mic has two pins. One pin is its signal and the other pin is the case that is signal ground.
You said the hum increased when you touched the mic's case then the connection to circuit ground was:

I have never had a power supply produce interference to a circuit like yours does.
The preamp circuit would have less interference pickup without a shielding metal box if its circuit board is more compact and has a ring of ground foil around its perimeter.
No sir nosie goes away when I touch the body of mic noise does increase in this case

Adfly

Joined Dec 31, 2019
Ma

I am getting a lot of nosie may be my laptop charger output is not properly filtered and doesn't have Ferri choke near to the charge end may be that is why it is feeding noise to my circuit
Can explain what he is trying to do and tell me if any modification can he done to my circuit to improve nosie based on the video link above

Audioguru again

Joined Oct 21, 2019
I have a hard time understanding the severely broken Engrish from the person in the video.
His power supply is a simple 50Hz low frequency rectified and filtered one. he is increasing the low frequency filter capacitors.
I think your power supply switches at a high frequency that is radiated into your preamp's wiring as a low frequency buzzing. It is difficult to filter away high frequencies, a ferrite choke might help.

Adfly

Joined Dec 31, 2019
I have a hard time understanding the severely broken Engrish from the person in the video.
His power supply is a simple 50Hz low frequency rectified and filtered one. he is increasing the low frequency filter capacitors.
I think your power supply switches at a high frequency that is radiated into your preamp's wiring as a low frequency buzzing. It is difficult to filter away high frequencies, a ferrite choke might help.
Ok I will try all my setup in a different laptop having charger with ferrite choke and see the difference
Can suggest me or give link of good quality ferrite choke that can be bought from online and some hight quality electret condenser mic capsule

Audioguru again

Joined Oct 21, 2019
If a power supply or charger needs a choke to reduce emissions then it should have been made with the choke.
Digikey has many different high quality electret microphones in stock. They have detailed datasheets for them.

I have never used a choke to be added to a product. But I have a few products with the choke attached.