genius ?

I know the answer because I've heard the question before, and I did spend a whole day trying to figure it out. BTW I've taken 3 IQ tests before and got over 150 on 2 of them. The other was 130. So I don't have a lot of faith in the tests. I'm not the sharpest crayon in the box; definately no genius.
Well...I KNOW I am definitely lacking in many areas of Intelligence...Logic is not one of them...but sometimes for the life of me...the DUH Factor is pretty high when it comes to some very simple and basic things.

I have a tendency to walk into a room two or three times over because I forgot why I was going there in the first place and because my mind keeps drifting...I forget again and again. LOL!

Split Infinity

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
When the IQ test became more about what you had learned in the late 80's / 90's they started using the OLSAT test which just ranks you among your peers based on your ability to learn. Its questions are totally different. Its like matching patterns and shapes, memory stuff. Also your supposed to put your test score in a formula if you take it before or after 16. 16 is the prime age of IQ tests so to figure out your real IQ if you weren't tested at 16 you have to use a formula that produces another number. Mine was 142 when I was around 12-13

When the IQ test became more about what you had learned in the late 80's / 90's they started using the OLSAT test which just ranks you among your peers based on your ability to learn. Its questions are totally different. Its like matching patterns and shapes, memory stuff. Also your supposed to put your test score in a formula if you take it before or after 16. 16 is the prime age of IQ tests so to figure out your real IQ if you weren't tested at 16 you have to use a formula that produces another number. Mine was 142 when I was around 12-13
142 is pretty damn high. Good for you.

I took mine in my Jr. Year at the age of 16.

After I took it and was told of my score...all hell broke loose as all of a sudden...everyone wanted a piece of me. The damn teachers and principal all wanted to take credit for my score as they somehow believed it was their teaching skills that allowed me to score so high.
The Military Recruiters were all over me as well and I near caused a riot among the school faculty as I REFUSED to go on a local TV show where schools had teams answering general questions of knowledge.

I prefered...Beer...Girls...and Band. LOL!
Split Infinity

tracecom

Joined Apr 16, 2010
The problem with a self assessment of one's own intellectual abilities is the famous knowledge pie. There's this tiny sliver that represents what one knows that he knows. Then, there's a small piece that represents what one knows that he doesn't know. But the huge remaining portion represents what one doesn't know that he doesn't know, and there's no way of even guessing at its size.

The problem with a self assessment of one's own intellectual abilities is the famous knowledge pie. There's this tiny sliver that represents what one knows that he knows. Then, there's a small piece that represents what one knows that he doesn't know. But the huge remaining portion represents what one doesn't know that he doesn't know, and there's no way of even guessing at its size.
Well...I will be the first one to say I know Jack Squat!

No arguement with me.

Split Infinity

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
142 is pretty damn high. Good for you.

I took mine in my Jr. Year at the age of 16.

After I took it and was told of my score...all hell broke loose as all of a sudden...everyone wanted a piece of me. The damn teachers and principal all wanted to take credit for my score as they somehow believed it was their teaching skills that allowed me to score so high.
The Military Recruiters were all over me as well and I near caused a riot among the school faculty as I REFUSED to go on a local TV show where schools had teams answering general questions of knowledge.

I prefered...Beer...Girls...and Band. LOL!
Split Infinity
Exact same with my olsat. I was happy cruising thru school not cracking a book then I get called into the office to talk to the guidance councilor and principle. They said I scored in the high 96 percentile and wanted me to go into the IB program which was the gifted program for the gifted kids. But everyone for the county had to goto the worst ghetto school for it. I passed on it but they bumped me to half gifted classes and half honors. Then in HS I had to actually start to study. Wasn't very fond of that. The IQ score can really go +- 15 points easy. Anyways I would of rather just gone into half normal classes for english and history, then gone into gifted for science and math. BUT if your in the gifted program you can't be in normal classes at all so you have to take normal honors.

Exact same with my olsat. I was happy cruising thru school not cracking a book then I get called into the office to talk to the guidance councilor and principle. They said I scored in the high 96 percentile and wanted me to go into the IB program which was the gifted program for the gifted kids. But everyone for the county had to goto the worst ghetto school for it. I passed on it but they bumped me to half gifted classes and half honors. Then in HS I had to actually start to study. Wasn't very fond of that. The IQ score can really go +- 15 points easy. Anyways I would of rather just gone into half normal classes for english and history, then gone into gifted for science and math. BUT if your in the gifted program you can't be in normal classes at all so you have to take normal honors.
I tried to keep a low profile in High School. I NEVER did homework but I would ace all tests and finals. This of course would **** off my teachers to no end! LOL!
I once got into it with my English Lit. Teacher as I asked her...You do realise that the importance of knowing the date when a play was written drops ever closer to zero as the time for graduation grows nearer?

I thought the woman was going to have a stroke and heart attack at the same time! LOL! I didn't mind reading the variety of old english plays but to memorise something so trivial and uniportant as the date it was written or first performed!? Stupid!

Split Infinity

Brownout

Joined Jan 10, 2012
I've taken a number if IQ tests and my scores have been very consistant. The tests are mosly logic, analysis, lanugage etc. I think they are a pretty good general intelligence metric, but probaby should be augmented with other exams to get the whole picture.

Yeah, I'm really glad spelling isn't part of the test. I would have failed miserably.

THE_RB

Joined Feb 11, 2008
Here we have the first example of a seemingly Intelligent Member lacking in a Social Intelligence ability.

IT WAS A JOKE! I posted it to see if someone would respond to it in the very way you have just done...that being...A strong rebuke of the questions Logic even though many people of possible much lower Analytical Intelligence Skills would have immediately realized by my LOL! at the end of this posted riddle...that IT WAS A JOKE!

Sorry about that.
Split Infinity
I have excellent social ability. :) If you think your post was guaranteed to be "a joke" in the social context of this thread OP and its subsequent replies I think YOU need some social ability lessons. And maybe some lessons on manners. ;)

You're not JayGatsby posting under a different troll name are you? :eek:

I've taken a number if IQ tests and my scores have been very consistant. The tests are mosly logic, analysis, lanugage etc. I think they are a pretty good general intelligence metric, but probaby should be augmented with other exams to get the whole picture.

Yeah, I'm really glad spelling isn't part of the test. I would have failed miserably.
Yeah...I am a horrible Speller! LOL! I think the reason for this is I base much of my thought upon Logic and when you start having...I before E after C...SOMETIMES! LOL! I guess I just SHUT OFF! LOL!

I also used to get Bitched at by my Analysis and Calculus Teachers as I would do the Equations in my head...even stress factors dependent upon angle, mass and material.

My teachrs would give me an F because I did not write out my work...so I had to take a mini test of new question just to show them I could do it in my head.

Still...I feel that just because a person is good at doing such things it is not something that would be the ONLY thing to calculate a persons intelligence. You need to look at Social Intellect, Moral, Perfunctory, Creative...etc.

I once had to stand up for a guy I knew in High School who could not do Math if his life depended upon it but he was in my Art Major Senior Class...as I am fortunate to not only have a Logical Mind but I can Paint, Draw, Play a Variety of Instruments...WELL, Sing, Write Music, and be generally creative...ESPECIALLY when I create a New Way to spell a word I don't know how too! LOL!

He was being Hammered Upon by a Teacher in Calculus....a class he should NEVER have taken but his Dad...a Big Figure in our Town...somehow got him into the class as his dad wanted him to be an engineer...something this kid would NEVER become as he did'nt even want to be an engineer.

But what he could do is SCULPT...with a precision I had never seen before. Now I am very good at sculpting anything out of various materials. I can take a piece of clay and mold and cut it into anyones face...almost perfectly...but my friend could do it like a Cumputerised 3-D fabrication replicator. He was AMAZING! Still...considering the BILLIONS of calculations his mind was doing in order to reproduce a persons face in clay to such perfection...he could not Multiply or Divide and double didgit number without the aid of a calculator...and out Calculus teacher KNEW IT...and exploited this fact. Add to it I sat next to him and I had made this teacher look like a FOOL when I aced the mini-test designed to proove I was cheating because I did not write out the solve because I did them in my head.

I told this teacher after one particular day when my friend was being abused over his lack of Math abilities...."You know...you just called one of the most BRILLIANT Man I have ever known...STUPID...all because he didn't know how to answer your trick question."...which it was..."I KNOW my friend will grow up to become a very sucessful and wealthy artist and when the day comes his name is in the paper or a magazine because he is being credited for some Worth Accomplishment that will allow him great wealth...I will find you...and send you the clipping or magazine page."

7 Years after he graduated College...I sent this teacher a clipping out of the magazine..The New Yorker...which detailed how my friend was the youngest artist to have several of his sculptures chosen to be placed in Cental Park as they were purchased by the City of New York.

I added at the end of the letter I sent with the entire Magazine I sent..."Next Week I am introducing him to the CEO of Sony America...as they are also interested in his work for several skyscraper entry lobbies. But they said they were only interested in 4 pieces and did not want to spend more than $17 Million this time around...so...I am told you are still teaching Calculus in my old High School. Is it in the SAME ROOM?"

Split Infinity

I have excellent social ability. :) If you think your post was guaranteed to be "a joke" in the social context of this thread OP and its subsequent replies I think YOU need some social ability lessons. And maybe some lessons on manners. ;)

You're not JayGatsby posting under a different troll name are you? :eek:
No...I am not anyone else who has ever posted here and I have only just started posting.

As far as my needing lessons in Manners...perhaps you are right. Perhaps that is just what I need.

Then again...perhaps you have No Sense of Humor and did not take kindly in being the one to fall for an OBVIOUS JOKE...which although may have been at your expense...was not in anyway malicious.

I tend to try to learn more about a person before labeling what they post as either Stupidity or Malicious...as I am more than willing to do right now as far as your reply is concerned.

The longer one lives...and the greater the number and extent of their experiences...the more that person does not let the small things in life get to them. Perhaps you already know this...but then again...even though your reply does not reflect this concept...I am still willing to give you the benefit of the doubt.

Split Infinity