Generating a DC supply from the attached circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

lesneypark

Joined Dec 31, 2015
I have a query...

Is it possible to generate a stable 5V @ 100mA DC voltage from the attached circuit without affecting its primary functionality?

Attachments

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
NO.
By the way what is the purpose of that circuit. I do not see how it can be used. Besides blowing the fuse. Is it a fuse tester ?

lesneypark

Joined Dec 31, 2015
NO.
By the way what is the purpose of that circuit. I do not see how it can be used. Besides blowing the fuse. Is it a fuse tester ?
would it be possible for you to explain why?

the circuit is a rotary dimmer for light circuits.

AnalogKid

Joined Aug 1, 2013
The way the circuit is drawn, with the line and neutral connections indicated, it does nothing because both line and neutral are directly connected to the light bulb. This almost certainly is an error, but it is a sloppy one and does not impress. Since AC line power is present, the obvious answer is to attach a small 5V power supply to the AC line. Also obviously not the answer, or the type of approach you were looking for, but GIGO. And there are two different ground symbols but nothing showing the relationship between the two. Think, redraw, try again and post a schematic that we can actually read.

What is the voltage across C4?

ak

lesneypark

Joined Dec 31, 2015
There is an error in the schematic as observed. There is an external 230Vac power supply external to the circuit as drawn with the

DickCappels

Joined Aug 21, 2008
As AlbertHall has noted, this subject may not be discussed in the forums according to the User Agreement for the reason R!f@@ stated.

To wit:

Restricted topics. The following topics are regularly raised however are considered "off-topic" at all times and will result in Your thread being closed without question:

• Any kind of over-unity devices and systems
  • Devices designed to electrocute or shock another person
  • LEDs to mains
  • Phone jammers
  • Rail guns and high-energy projectile devices
  • Transformer-less power supplies

Status
Not open for further replies.