FYP based on IOT ideas

abdullah8391

Joined Sep 6, 2015
Hi everyone.
In next month I have to submit my FYP proposal. I am doing specialization in Electronics (Electronics isn't my strong point though). I want my project to be based on IOT since it is new and hot topic. I want suggestions for project that could be completed in 4-6 months (considering that i have to start from 0) and the equipment used in project should be easily available. Any helping material is highly appreciated (kindly refer me something that can easily understood for beginner).
Also i have read IOT section but it was difficult for me to grasp idea from it so i posted here.

Sensacell

Joined Jun 19, 2012
If you are going to do IoT, think long and hard about how your project creates real value.

It's like tulip mania in the field right now, don't design something stupid just because everyone else is doing it too.

abdullah8391

Joined Sep 6, 2015
If you are going to do IoT, think long and hard about how your project creates real value.

It's like tulip mania in the field right now, don't design something stupid just because everyone else is doing it too.
Exactly why I am seeking help. I don't have much knowledge about this field, so I want professionals advice.

muhzd

Joined May 25, 2009
From a student to another: you can opt to create Android Apps to be saving data to the cloud rather than trying to do it embedded. What data you wan't to save is up to you; connecting the embedded sensor system to the Android phone via Bluetooth for instance. This cuts learning how to negotiate with your local area network and debugging. Java Android APIs allow direct communication and turning the internet on is a jippy. But off course I too don't really know what the world is demanding right now and shortcuts are shortcuts. You'd miss stuff..

Last edited: