fuzzy logic

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
Do you have any indication that such a thing exists? I'm not certain if there was ever a language standard that embodied that approach making it much less likely that the PIC18F4550 would ever be a possible target.

Potato Pudding

Joined Jun 11, 2010
If I have this wrong please just let me know.

What I understood of Fuzzy Logic, it is a term that basically refers to systems that let some processes run with what is in essence if not so often in fact an analog control system.

For example you can put two analog sensor signals into an op amp and use feedbacks to combine them or have them cancel each other, in a form of analog processing where you can even introduce some hysterisis. Then you feed the conditioned output of the op amp into a DAC (or even just run it through a comparator), probably do some digital processing and the combined system is a type of Fuzzy Logic circuit.

When you feed the two inputs into DACs at the start and digitally process them start to finish including a digital duplicate of what the analog OP AMP would have done then that is what is now more commonly understood as Fuzzy Logic.

Last edited:

BMorse

Joined Sep 26, 2009
In essence I guess you could use "Fuzzy logic" that way...

Fuzzy logic is a form of multi-valued logic derived from fuzzy set theory to deal with reasoning that is approximate rather than precise.
Fuzzy logic emerged as a consequence of the 1965 proposal of fuzzy set theory by Lotfi Zadeh.[2][3] Though fuzzy logic has been applied to many fields, from control theory to artificial intelligence, it still remains controversial among most statisticians, who prefer Bayesian logic, and some control engineers, who prefer traditional two-valued logic.
The furby toy is a good example of a device which uses "fuzzy logic" to "learn" from its environment and interact with the user....

B. Morse