Function Generators

Rittter

Joined Dec 5, 2015
I would bet the best 100 people here can do that...and a few more. Personally, I had a TENS machine apart and traced out in 3 hours. I had the schematic because I made the schematic. Therefore I could build one. A fair number of other people on this site can do the same. This is a pretty classy website in spite of the fact that it is on the same Internet with things like cat cartoons, actors giving each other awards, and idiots posting their personal failures on YouTube.
I can't agree with you more. If you are interested in looking at one of these units, let me know.

Rittter

Joined Dec 5, 2015
Hopefully this should give you an idea: There is a programable chip, controlled by a watch battery, which times this unit out and kills the use of it. The unit is run off a 9v battery. The small board on the left connects to the coil. DSC_0028.JPG DSC_0029.JPG DSC_0029.JPG DSC_0029.JPG DSC_0028.JPG DSC_0028.JPG DSC_0028.JPG DSC_0029.JPG DSC_0028.JPGDSC_0029.JPGDSC_0028.JPG DSC_0029.JPG

Rittter

Joined Dec 5, 2015
Actually, 13-27V was the range, and yes there is a lot wrong with not only this picture. I have run it at 13V, 10Hz. and I have stopped until I can get it together. The coil does not heat up but the generator does. It sounds like you are saying that the generator has the voltage, but low amps? Now that we know that the XI=8.4 Ohms, what does that tell you about the amp level that coil will take without a melt down? Ohms law =104mA at 13v. The objective is to maximize EMF intensity (gauss).
The problem with the circuit above is that they have a timer set for 9 months. After 9 months, the circuit goes dead, regardless if you used it once or 100 times. The pins at 9 o'clock on the large board are for the programming. They are pulsing multiple wires into the + coil wire to reach a particular frequency. With todays components, I am sure they have a much simpler circuit.