Fun electronic prank

ecjohnny

Joined Jul 16, 2005
i guess i would share this site with you guys. its a fun prank to do with electronics(electric). i am thinking of making one since i study electronics... but i a need that expensive 12v Negative ion generator. :(

http://afrotechmods.com/cheap/negativeiong...r/pikashoe7.htm

Anyone one know how to make the 12v Negative ion generator???

Also, anyone know how to make a simillar safe electronic prank???

Have fun
-john-

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
Hi,

We always thought it was fun to fold the leads of an axial electrolytic cap along opposite sides and charge it up. A few mikes at 400 volts is good. Then, handling carefully, you just toss it over to your victim and watch him catch it. Be close to a door...

chesart1

Joined Jan 23, 2006
Hi,

One harmless prank that was played on someone involved a large control panel. The technican testing the panel did not realize that a joker had inserted the end of a long flexible tube into the back of the panel. The joker layed the tube along the floor to a spot out of sight. When the technician powered up, the joker lit a cigarette and started blowing smoke into the tube. Eventually the smoke started seeping out of the small openings in the front of the control panel. Not realizing what had happened and thinking that the control panel was burning up, the technician hastily power down and started inspecting the panel before realizing the prank.

John

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
Hi,

If you can scare up some old flashbulbs, they can be wired into almost any circuit so as to produce a huge flash when a switch is thrown.

The old Press 25's were a real hoot out at sea. You could launch one with a Wrist-Rocket slingshot at night so the radar sweep set it off. The bridge lookout got real excited about the soundless explosion somewhere out there.

windoze killa

Joined Feb 23, 2006
Originally posted by chesart1@Feb 16 2006, 03:12 PM
Hi,

One harmless prank that was played on someone involved a large control panel. The technican testing the panel did not realize that a joker had inserted the end of a long flexible tube into the back of the panel. The joker layed the tube along the floor to a spot out of sight. When the technician powered up, the joker lit a cigarette and started blowing smoke into the tube. Eventually the smoke started seeping out of the small openings in the front of the control panel. Not realizing what had happened and thinking that the control panel was burning up, the technician hastily power down and started inspecting the panel before realizing the prank.

John
[post=14068]Quoted post[/post]​
We did something similar at an old job I had. Problem was the dropkick on the end of the prank grabbed a fire extinguisher. Dry chemical powder. Imagine the mess. And the size 10 boot up the A#$% when the boss found out.

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
Originally posted by windoze killa@Feb 24 2006, 03:30 AM
Another good one that can be a bit of a shock is an ignition coil and a 1.5V battery attached to a urinal.

OUCH
[post=14327]Quoted post[/post]​
Except that the Mythbusters exploded this one. If the stream is not contiguous -- then no circuit.

windoze killa

Joined Feb 23, 2006
Originally posted by Papabravo@Mar 4 2006, 10:08 AM
Except that the Mythbusters exploded this one. If the stream is not contiguous -- then no circuit.
[post=14601]Quoted post[/post]​
And if it is it hurts. I have seen a lot of what myth busters have done but when you see it in real life that busts the myth busters.

ghogsett

Joined Feb 9, 2008
Here's a lulu....
Disassemble a tech's 'scope. Remove CRT. Tape in place a flood light (same white
appearing face as that of the CRT) and connect to 110v switched.

When he turns on the scope... he jumps back about 6 feet.

Salgat

Joined Dec 23, 2006
The stream still produces a path of continuity if you are close enough to the urinal (since the urine takes time to bead up). Although standing on rubber shoes with ceramic floor tiles will require more than 1.5V probably (a path to ground).

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
Hi,

Did that to a guy who'd spent over a month building up a complex piece of test equipment. I was on the other side of the bench from him; I just slipped a clear piece of shrink tube into one corner of his box, and a moment after he turned it on, a big cloud of smoke poured out of it. I didn't think it was possible for eyes to open as wide as his did. :eek: He flipped off the switch, jumped back, and did this hysterical dance. He got into some creative name-calling after that, but he was laughing the whole time too. :D

Salgat

Joined Dec 23, 2006
Did that to a guy who'd spent over a month building up a complex piece of test equipment. I was on the other side of the bench from him; I just slipped a clear piece of shrink tube into one corner of his box, and a moment after he turned it on, a big cloud of smoke poured out of it. I didn't think it was possible for eyes to open as wide as his did. :eek: He flipped off the switch, jumped back, and did this hysterical dance. He got into some creative name-calling after that, but he was laughing the whole time too. :D
Haha, you're a very cruel person:p

ggclaw

Joined Feb 15, 2008
Not very elaborate but 25 years ago I took a crank generator from a 25 year old telephone switch board my dad gave me. Lined up my classmates and had them hold hands. Gave each lead end to the opposite ends of the hand chain and cranked once hard. Spent the rest of the day crammed in my locker. I thought it was funny.

chesart1

Joined Jan 23, 2006
One guy lived in a two family house. The family upstairs would always turn their TV set real loud. Complaints yielded no satisfaction. So this guy built himself a small noise generator/transmitter. Every time the family upstairs turned on the TV set loud, he would turn on the noise generator. The sound and video on the TV upstairs would get all messed up. When they turned down the volume, he would turn off the noise generator.

One day he saw a TV technician going up stairs. They complained that something was wrong with their TV set because it did not work when the volume was turned up.

The guy down stairs thought it was real funny.

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
One guy lived in a two family house. The family upstairs would always turn their TV set real loud. Complaints yielded no satisfaction. So this guy built himself a small noise generator/transmitter. Every time the family upstairs turned on the TV set loud, he would turn on the noise generator. The sound and video on the TV upstairs would get all messed up. When they turned down the volume, he would turn off the noise generator.

One day he saw a TV technician going up stairs. They complained that something was wrong with their TV set because it did not work when the volume was turned up.

The guy down stairs thought it was real funny.
Lol! Very good. :D

Even after the TV technician leaves, the guy still has his secret weapon!

Dave

Gadget

Joined Jan 10, 2006
I remember one Guy Fawkes commenting to my workmate that a glass fuse filled with the powder from a few Tom Thumb crackers may work well, then promptly forgot the conversation. He Didn't. He put one in the 12 volt supply line to my Bench. I was checking out a Car stereo that evening, and wondering why "Ken" acted so strange every time I kept winding the volume up. Until it happened... KABOOM...... I jumped back looking all around for smoke and black marks, and Ken was in the foetal position on the floor.... I'm sure he didnt take a breath for over a minute.
We eventually perfected the technique (not saying how, except to say that depending on the powder and fuse wire (let alone the glass shards), things can get unexpectedly nasty... DONT TRY THIS AT HOME), and found due to their waterproof nature, an underwater explosion may be in order. I Suggested the toilet, Ken suggested the sink. We went with the sink. Filling the sink with water, suspending a fuse in said sink..ken hooked up some juice while I peeked around the corner... a Perfectly vertical plume of water and chest punching concussion was the only clue we had to the fact we had destroyed the sink. My Explanation to the boss was that I has been washing gunk off a heavy transformer when it dropped into the sink smashing it.
I got Ken back with the old "Pop a paper bag while your workmates head is inside a TV as he switches it on" trick.

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
Not very elaborate but 25 years ago I took a crank generator from a 25 year old telephone switch board my dad gave me. Lined up my classmates and had them hold hands. Gave each lead end to the opposite ends of the hand chain and cranked once hard. Spent the rest of the day crammed in my locker. I thought it was funny.
In the "good old days" when troops were using the hand-cranked telephones, they would do the same thing when they were bored. Everyone join hands, and the guys on the end of the circle each grabbed a wire; one guy would crank like heck until someone fell out. Kind of a stupid game, if you ask me - one had to be a real masochist to win ;)

But at a company where I was working a few years ago, someone kept putting on an FM radio station that one of the techs really didn't like very much. So, he set up a network analyzer to output +10dBmv and do a rapid sweep bracketing that stations' frequency.

Nothing like using a $50,000 piece of equipment to jam a $20 boom box :rolleyes: :D

chesart1

Joined Jan 23, 2006
This isn't an electronic prank, but it is pretty humorous. Go to a store and buy one of those plastic skeletons. Get some florescent paint and paint the skull. Then after leaving the skull in the sunlight for hours, place it in a cemetery. If it is not holloween, someone is likely to get a good scare.