FSM - Moore Model - Need Help with Table/Decoders

Joe689

Joined Nov 27, 2007
I have a project in which I need to design a FSM Game Show system. There are three contestants, first to buzz in, their light appears. The second buzz in is also recorded, but their light will not light until the Game Show Host hits the "2nd player button" in which the second buzz in player light will go on. I have attached my state diagram of my Moore Model and a state transition table. My state transition table is only made up of the relevant state transition corresponding to my state diagram graph. Is that acceptable? My question is, how do I now go about determine the output circuit(output decoder) from the two flip flops that will be used. I have three lights outputs, so some how need to route my Q and ~Q's into my three lights. Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

Joe689

Joined Nov 27, 2007
Thank you, I found relevant information.

One more question that I need help with. I created my output circuit truth table.

Q2 Q1 Q0 P(1)L P(2)L P(3)L
1 1 1 1 1 1
1 1 0 0 0 1
1 0 1 0 1 0
1 0 0 1 0 0
0 1 1 0 0 1
0 1 0 0 1 0
0 0 1 1 0 0
0 0 0 0 0 0

Q's being the states 0-7, and P's being the 3 outputs. Could someone help me do the gate level combination that needs to be fed from the three flip flop outputs to each output.

Thanks in advance.