Fritzing- It's the new Initial Teaching Alphabet for Electronics

Sensacell

Joined Jun 19, 2012
I am starting to see more and more people posting these horrible looking diagrams made via Fritzing.

Seems like this concept promotes a very muddled understanding of electronics, it reminds me of
a failed educational idea from the 1960s that I was personally tortured with, back in primary school- ITA or "Initial Teaching Alphabet"

Sir James Pitman had this idea that English was too hard for kids to learn, so he made up this nonsense, dumbed-down substitute idea to get us sad little kids started.

I was absolutely horrified when it dawned on me that what they were teaching us was not really English.
I felt cheated, deceived.

fritz.png ita.png

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
I couldn't agree more. Everything I've seen drawn using Fritzing has been absolutely horrible. My breadboards never look like the Fritzing cartoons. I'm more interested in functionality than neatness.

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
I tried Fritzing several years ago. At that time, there was no schematic capture. I did not like it. Don't know if that has changed.

When I am laying out a prototype/strip board, I just use Eagle and a very rough "symbol" of the solderless or solderable board as a template. That gives me schematic capture.

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

The shown alphabet looks like a phonetic alphabet for a speech synthesizer.
Is there a speech synthesizer program for arduino?

Bertus