Frequency Divider and Multiplier

Thread Starter

msseng

Joined Jan 19, 2009
11
I need a n analog frequency multiplier (x3)
and then need an analog programmable frequency divider (/N) where N is between 800 and 1000 by step 1.
Is there any module for this goal?!

thanks
 

hgmjr

Joined Jan 28, 2005
9,027
I need a n analog frequency multiplier (x3)
and then need an analog programmable frequency divider (/N) where N is between 800 and 1000 by step 1.
Is there any module for this goal?!

thanks
On what range of input frequencies do you need your divider to work?

Does the output of the divider need to be sinusodal or can it be a square-wave?

hgmjr
 

Thread Starter

msseng

Joined Jan 19, 2009
11
The input frequency is less than 2KHz.
I want to multiple it by 3 and then divide it by N (is between 800 and 1000 with step 1)
I think it must be a digital input programmable circuit that can divide input frequency, but I need an analog input and out put.
and I need Sine Wave...
 
Last edited:

eblc1388

Joined Nov 28, 2008
1,542
Thanks...
But I don't think it works at very low frequency!!!
Sorry we don't have a crystal ball to tel us what frequency you are using.

Since your other post mentioned about a project on 10MHz, I thought it is a sensible guess to show a circuit working on 10MHz.
 

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
23,006
Hello,

Bill is right. A PLL can make a stable multiplier over a pretty large frequency range.
Take a look at the 4046 PLL chip.



When you use a divider of 3 times between the VCO and the phasecomparator, the output of the VCO will be 3 times the input frequency.
Use comparator 1 , this will also lock on harmonics.

For the calculations for the resistors and capacitor of the VCO, take a look at this picture.



Greetings,
Bertus
 

Thread Starter

msseng

Joined Jan 19, 2009
11
Sorry we don't have a crystal ball to tel us what frequency you are using.

Since your other post mentioned about a project on 10MHz, I thought it is a sensible guess to show a circuit working on 10MHz.
You don't need crystal ball, you need open eyes, because I mentioned what you need in post #4!!!
 

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
23,844
You don't need crystal ball, you need open eyes, because I mentioned what you need in post #4!!!
Yes, but his original response, complete with the circuit simulation that you dismissed casually, was on post #2. Try courtesy for those trying to help, or you might find people willing to help in short supply next time. He put time and work into that simulation, and you need to remember we are all volunteers here.
 
Top