Free Video Lectures

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
Does this include all video lectures of the MIT Opencourseware project? If so its a great one-stop point. The sad thing is that MIT OCW requires (for most videos) Real Player. Can't have it all can you.

Dave

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
I can only see Real Media files. You can look at using the Real Alternative codec and Media Player Classic application. This also adds the relevant plugins to your browser for on-line playing.

Personally, I would not let Real Player near my PC.

Dave

n9352527

Joined Oct 14, 2005
Yeah. It installs so many startup programs which are difficult to disable and practically impossible to remove cleanly. It also connects home to Real for the slightest reason. The developer should be shot :p

Kinda like Norton AV, maybe the person that develop them are the same? :p

JoeJester

Joined Apr 26, 2005
Thank you Dave....for the Media Classic tip. I've always removed real player from my machines and was disappointed I needed it to view some of these courses.

Distort10n

Joined Dec 25, 2006
The vidoes from MIT can actually be downloaded rather than streamed. I found out this last night reading their FAQ because Real Player and Real Player Alternative constantly gave me "YOU ARE NOT CONNECTED TO THE INTERNETS!"
The Electricity and Mangetism lectures are great.

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
Thank you Dave....for the Media Classic tip. I've always removed real player from my machines and was disappointed I needed it to view some of these courses.
No problems. I detest Real Player for all the reasons n9352527 states above and have used Media Player Classic and the Real Alternative codec for some time. Incidently, I dislike Quicktime just as much and also use the Quicktime Alternative codec.

The vidoes from MIT can actually be downloaded rather than streamed. I found out this last night reading their FAQ because Real Player and Real Player Alternative constantly gave me "YOU ARE NOT CONNECTED TO THE INTERNETS!"
The Electricity and Mangetism lectures are great.
Wasn't aware of that, but given the buffering issues Real Media files experience this is worthwhile information. Agreed the E&M lectures look pretty good.

Dave