Free PC BASIC or C that can toggle RTS, DTR, and read CTS?

n9352527

Joined Oct 14, 2005
... free PC BASIC or C with the capability to toggle the serial port RTS and DTR outputs...

TIA. Mike McLaren, K8LH
Then the answer is none. The OP is running XP and Vista and there is no QBASIC or Python or VB or C, free or not, that can toggle the RTS and DTR lines individually in XP or Vista without writing ring-0 kernel driver or using an additional direct IO driver.

So was it actually a pointless question from the OP? Only if we take the question literally. The fact that Windoze does not allow direct IO is well known to other AAC members or the rest of the world was not really my concern. It just seemed to me that the OP didn't know that. And that was why I wrote my post, just trying to help him so he could do what he wanted to do.

I'm not interested in analyzing post semantically or picking on small things in other members' posts. If I do not contribute technically to this thread, then I'm sorry, the moderators could remove my posts from this thread. And thank you for explaining what the OP really meant with his post.