FPGA Development board with socket

noble_soul

Joined Feb 10, 2016
Hello,
I am about to start an FPGA project; one of my main design requirements is to be able to change the FPGA chip on the same board (i.e. use a socket). I assumed it would be easy to find an FPGA dev/evaluation board with a socket, but I had no luck with that so far (I am not sure where to look to be honest). Can someone please point me in the right direction of where I should be looking, or suggest some socket dev boards?
The choice of FPGA is not too important to me, the design I am working with is fairly simple and I should be able to port it to any Xilinx or Altera board.

Thanks in advance :)

neil t

Joined Feb 21, 2017
Hello,
I am about to start an FPGA project; one of my main design requirements is to be able to change the FPGA chip on the same board (i.e. use a socket). I assumed it would be easy to find an FPGA dev/evaluation board with a socket, but I had no luck with that so far (I am not sure where to look to be honest). Can someone please point me in the right direction of where I should be looking, or suggest some socket dev boards?
The choice of FPGA is not too important to me, the design I am working with is fairly simple and I should be able to port it to any Xilinx or Altera board.

Thanks in advance :)
Although I have no personal knowledge of fpga I was watching Bill Herd from hackaday on youtube the other day and he was using just such a board with socket but I just can't remember which episode , sorry, but it had to do with FPGA or CPLD, a bit sketchy but at least a place to start looking, hope this helps.