fpga advantage for windows vista/7 !!!!!!

walid el masry

Joined Mar 31, 2009
no no MPLAB works fine on vista and 7 check the compatibility 1st and make it for windows xp sp2 and open the installation exe as administrator

BMorse

Joined Sep 26, 2009
no no MPLAB works fine on vista and 7 check the compatibility 1st and make it for windows xp sp2 and open the installation exe as administrator

I had it working with 8.10, until Vista did an update, then after that, it wont even detect my Pic32 Starter kit, and it locks up MPLAB...... I tried reinstalling everything (as administrator) and it still does not detect the starter kit anymore, it is fine with me, I have 6 PC's (5 Shuttle XPC's and 1 Alienware Area51 Gaming rig....) at home so I really don't care what OS it is running in........

BMorse

Joined Sep 26, 2009
download the last version and the version i tested was MPLAB_8.20a

could you give me 1 pc of yours :p
I can custom build you any PC you want (not free though:rolleyes:), I own my own custom PC company and I won most of my PC's through computer modding competitions.... I won the Alienware Area 51 Pc from last years (2008) Dell/Intel Computer modding competition, I took home the grand prize:D http://www.extremegamingtour.com/modding+contest.aspx
2007 I won first place for Shuttle's case design contest http://us.shuttle.com/CaseDesignContest/

, and I just took 3rd place in the world for Microchips Pic32 Design Challenge (1st place in US, 3rd in the world!) http://www.MyPic32.com.....

All in good fun, these comps keep idle hands busy:D....

walid el masry

Joined Mar 31, 2009
if you want to build a pc you will not need to change any thing in it say for 10 or 5 years what do you think about the specification for Intel and AMD ?

BMorse

Joined Sep 26, 2009
if you want to build a pc you will not need to change any thing in it say for 10 or 5 years what do you think about the specification for Intel and AMD ?

I actually prefer Intel based PC's than AMD's, I had too many heating issues with AMD's, and Intel CPU's run a little cooler.... If a PC is built today and only used as a home computer, for standard "Home" computing it would be good for at least 5 years (by this time i would be considered a dinosaur!:eek:) , If you do a lot of gaming and are constantly keeping up with newer games, then I would say a new PC today will be good for 3 to 6 months, maybe a year, I say this because, it seems as everytime a new game comes out, you need a faster and better PC than what you already have, and most newer games are based on newer and better video cards.....

I had just built a PC about 1 year ago for a friend, (It had an AGP slot for video card....) and just recently I had to upgrade his Motherboard/CPU/RAM/and power supply to accomodate the newer PCI express video card he needed for a new game......

So basically a computer will be good until you need to upgrade something in it...... I have one PC I built in 1996 (WOW that was a long time ago) it still runs fine (win98), but all it is good for now is running my Homemade CNC PCB Mill/Drill....

walid el masry

Joined Mar 31, 2009
yeah that's why i asked that question that you need to upgrade any thing by the time
i have

intel pentium d 3ghz 800mhz fsb 4mb cash
ecs 954 mother
1 gb ram x 2 800
hd 160 sata western
ati sappher 4670 1gb memory ddr3
power supply 450 w
samsung 17" screen
DVD RW samsung
CD WR samsung

walid el masry

Joined Mar 31, 2009
when we talking about intel processor speciall about the cash what is the difference between saying L2 cash = 4 mb and L2 cash = 2 x 2 mb ?

BMorse

Joined Sep 26, 2009
when we talking about intel processor speciall about the cash what is the difference between saying L2 cash = 4 mb and L2 cash = 2 x 2 mb ?

Usually that would refer to Duo Core/Core 2 Duo (both are dual core no matter how any one says it...) CPU's (or Quad Cores) access to the cache, usually if it is a Duo core and says 4Mb L2 Cache it would be shared between cores, in the 2x2MB L2 Cache, each core would have access to each 2Mb bank of cache (in a quad core each duo core would share a bank of 2 mb each.....).....

walid el masry

Joined Mar 31, 2009
honestly yes i want to upgrade my intel Pentium D to higher one and the closest choose is the core 2 family but i want a processor with the same frequency (not less than 3GHZ) and also the cash may be higher (> 4mb) but the problem is that 1st we should check the compatibility of the mother to work with the processor cause the soket and the 65 and 45 nm tech and that's make me ask is it matter the tech of the processor if they have the smae soket size (LGA 775) ?

and if iam going to upgrade the mother 1st i want to get the

GA-EP41-UD3L
(rev. 1.0)

but it says about processor

"Supports 45nm Intel® Core™ 2 multi-core processors with FSB 1333 MHz"
"Support for an Intel® Core™ 2 Extreme processor/ Intel® Core™ 2 Quad processor/Intel® Core™ 2 Duo processor/ Intel® Pentium® processor/Intel®®processor in the LGA775 package"

but no thing about intel pentium D processors then dose it not support them or just enough to say " Intel® Pentium® processor" ?