fpga advantage for windows vista/7 !!!!!!

BMorse

Joined Sep 26, 2009
honestly yes i want to upgrade my intel Pentium D to higher one and the closest choose is the core 2 family but i want a processor with the same frequency (not less than 3GHZ) and also the cash may be higher (> 4mb) but the problem is that 1st we should check the compatibility of the mother to work with the processor cause the soket and the 65 and 45 nm tech and that's make me ask is it matter the tech of the processor if they have the smae soket size (LGA 775) ?

and if iam going to upgrade the mother 1st i want to get the

GA-EP41-UD3L
(rev. 1.0)

but it says about processor

"Supports 45nm Intel® Core™ 2 multi-core processors with FSB 1333 MHz"
"Support for an Intel® Core™ 2 Extreme processor/ Intel® Core™ 2 Quad processor/Intel® Core™ 2 Duo processor/ Intel® Pentium® processor/Intel®®processor in the LGA775 package"

but no thing about intel pentium D processors then dose it not support them or just enough to say " Intel® Pentium® processor" ?

Your Intel D CPU should work with this one, it has the same socket type and supports almost all Intel CPUs up to 1333Mhz FSB..... anything faster than the 1333 FSB would be a 1366 socket or 1156......

walid el masry

Joined Mar 31, 2009
sorry for late
i need to upgrade cause i work with virtual machines and they needs more ram and i got the vga card few days ago and the free mother board works faster than one with built in vga card even the are the same type like
945 with vga and 945 without as an example

BMorse

Joined Sep 26, 2009
sorry for late
i need to upgrade cause i work with virtual machines and they needs more ram and i got the vga card few days ago and the free mother board works faster than one with built in vga card even the are the same type like
945 with vga and 945 without as an example

Well having a Graphics processor (GPU) separate from the onboard one relieves the CPU some processing power to do other tasks... when using the onboard video it has to take some of its time to update the display, Graphics cards take all the burden and produces better quality images (depends on monitor too for color).... you should see the graphics on my alienware system it has an nVidia 6800GT with 2 GB video memory (1.98gb) and the CPU is an intel quad core running 4 cores at 3.0Ghz..... with 8 GB DDR Ram..... 500 GB SATA Hard drive and a LightScribe DVD Burner.... I can run 2 different game servers on it (Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six 3 Athena Sword server and Raven Shield Server) and play a game on it at the same time and it still does not seem to be phased by the load :D....

Attachments

BMorse

Joined Sep 26, 2009
well i'll buy my pc and play on yours :p

Just got another PC yesterday (The owner of the company I manage bought it for me as an appreciation gift :D) , well a notebook (Lenovo, 3 GB memory, 250GB SATA HDD, DVD_RW drive, web cam, wireless, etc) for under $700.00... I got it with XP pro though so I can install all my development tools on it without having to worry about Vista or 7's incompatability issues right now... I will upgrade later when most bugs are worked out....

;)

walid el masry

Joined Mar 31, 2009
now a days i think about getting a labtop cause my graduation project but htere is a problem , they say that hp the most one got heated from the other brands and that don't comfort with weather here in egypt so i think about DELL cause it too easy to get support for it here and it is the most brand spread here so i wana get one with ati vga card but i didn't find it all i found was with intel or geforce vga cards , is there models with ati cards ?

BMorse

Joined Sep 26, 2009
Some versions of Windows 7 have a full version of virtual XP

Yeah, I use it on one of my other pc's..... in my truck (since the app I use to interface to the different modules, (GPS,TV TUNER,Media player, etc.) only works on XP but I have 7 on the PC....)

With a 7" touch screen also and connected to a 2600 Watt Audio system,

pretty cool when you can drive around and still be on the Internet;) (when you are close to hotspots anyways,) and there are tons of people with unsecure wireless routers out there :rolleyes:...

BMorse

Joined Sep 26, 2009

i like bigger ones

It was the only mobile screen I could find at the time with touch screen, 12VDC power, and VGA input, all others are usually composite input for video..... But then I already have 2 120VAC (1 is already used by the Shuttle PC I have modded to fit in my truck, and other is reserve for game consoles such as the Xbox360 or the PS2 for when we go on long rides and the kids are riding in the back....) outlets in my truck I could power an Actual desktop LCD and have a 20" if I want but 7" just for touch screen access and I have a 17" in the back seat....