Font problem

cmartinez

Joined Jan 17, 2007
I tried to change the font to an equal-spaced font (courier new) to more clearly show a couple of small tables in this post. And although the text is displayed correctly before posting, the final post does not show a change in font in that text's section. Why is that?

ErnieM

Joined Apr 24, 2011
By default much of the white space (non-printing) formatting put onto this forum is deleted by the all knowing, all seeing, and completely illiterate program controlling all transmission.

One way around this I have found is to use the courier new font wrapped up in code tags. It looks a little weird but preserved the white space for tables.

Code:
RMS peak to peak  noise     resolution
---------------------------------------
Gain 1            1380 nV   20 bits
Gain 128          52 nV     18 bits

cmartinez

Joined Jan 17, 2007
By default much of the white space (non-printing) formatting put onto this forum is deleted by the all knowing, all seeing, and completely illiterate program controlling all transmission.

One way around this I have found is to use the courier new font wrapped up in code tags. It looks a little weird but preserved the white space for tables.

Code:
RMS peak to peak  noise     resolution
---------------------------------------
Gain 1            1380 nV   20 bits
Gain 128          52 nV     18 bits
Yeah, I know about that workaround... But there should be a simple fix for this. I mean, why put the font option in first place if the thing doesn't work?

Last edited:

joeyd999

Joined Jun 6, 2011
While overall I like the new software, the WYSIWYG editor is a significant regression. I don't mind writing with manual tags. In fact, I prefer it as I can get output exactly as I want.

Switching to the BBCode editor helps, but if you switch back (or try to edit a post), all your custom white space formatting gets lost.