Fm transmitter and receiver

mussa

Joined Jun 10, 2019
So, using FM Radio Transmitter Module V2.0 i create an Fm radio station broadcasting music or whatever else and i used tea5767 fm receiver to receive to music, but the problem is on some frequency the local station signal interfere with my broadcast sometimes stronger. I thought of a way that might help solve this but i need help in programming, the idea is to create a function/ a header on both sides transmitter and receiver make the receiver scan that first and only receive from my transmitter ignoring the other station.

Ylli

Joined Nov 13, 2015
Disregarding the legality of your transmitter, why don't you just pick a frequency where there is no 'Local Station'?

mussa

Joined Jun 10, 2019
Disregarding the legality of your transmitter, why don't you just pick a frequency where there is no 'Local Station'?
it's possible, i also want to be able to use the occupied frequency without any interference it would make project easier

Ya’akov

Joined Jan 27, 2019
it's possible, i also want to be able to use the occupied frequency without any interference it would make project easier
FM (Frequency Modulation) detectors experience an effect called "capture". The stronger signal will simply override the weaker.

First, there are serious legal issues with broadcasting on the FM band, depending on your location. The overwhelming majority of the enforcement actions of the FCC are against pirate radio stations in the FM band.

In any case, the only legitimate way to do what you want is to avoid broadcasting on frequencies assigned to local stations.

Why do you want to use this band?

mussa

Joined Jun 10, 2019
FM (Frequency Modulation) detectors experience an effect called "capture". The stronger signal will simply override the weaker.

First, there are serious legal issues with broadcasting on the FM band, depending on your location. The overwhelming majority of the enforcement actions of the FCC are against pirate radio stations in the FM band.

In any case, the only legitimate way to do what you want is to avoid broadcasting on frequencies assigned to local stations.

Why do you want to use this band?
i want to create a loop that goes from 88 - 108, but some frequencies are very strong it will interfere. Then is there a way to detect the occupied local frequency and skip them?

Sensacell

Joined Jun 19, 2012
i want to create a loop that goes from 88 - 108, but some frequencies are very strong it will interfere. Then is there a way to detect the occupied local frequency and skip them?
Make a list of those occupied frequencies, code them as a table.
Skip the ones in the table.

djsfantasi

Joined Apr 11, 2010
Can you communicate between devices. Can the transmitter also act as a receiver?

Given the latter (and you can figure out how to apply this principle, given the former), you could dynamically build that table.

At power up, scan through your entire range with the receiver, and if a strong signal is received, add that to a skip table.

Then, this table is used to skip frequencies in all future scans.

mussa

Joined Jun 10, 2019
Can you communicate between devices. Can the transmitter also act as a receiver?

Given the latter (and you can figure out how to apply this principle, given the former), you could dynamically build that table.

At power up, scan through your entire range with the receiver, and if a strong signal is received, add that to a skip table.

Then, this table is used to skip frequencies in all future scans.
transmitter can only transmit, same goes for the receiver only receive.

But how does the receiver distinguish between high and low frequency?

ronsimpson

Joined Oct 7, 2019
OK. I was thinking about making the signal "a little different" so the receiver could detect it verses normal FM. With data that can work. With music …. You could transmit mono not stereo. The receiver could detect that.

You could add a receiver to the transmitter end. The receiver (at power up) will look for a quite frequency to transmit on.

navyguy

Joined Sep 27, 2019
If he lives in Southern California like I do finding an empty frequency is almost impossible. I had my FM transmitter I never could find one