Flyback transformer gets too hot

ChetanShah

Joined Sep 19, 2020
In my openion you have a borderline however critical core saturation issue. Utilizing your third model, the current into the essential increases at a rate of V/L where V is around 311 volts (rectified AC and smoothed) and L is 1.6 mH. Along these lines, in 5 us I would hope to see the current rise to around 1 amp.

This is based on the basic inductor formula of V = L.di/dt

5 us is the on time for a 50:50 duty cycle at a switching frequency of 100 kHz

The essential magneto intention power (MMF) is ampere turns or 1 x 95 At. Yet, to figure the H field, we need the powerful length of the core (57.5 mm in the data sheet connected in the question) so H = 1652 At/m.

An ungapped core would certainly be saturating but yours is gapped and has an effective permeability of around 170 compared to a permeability of around 1520 ungapped (again these were numbers I calculated from the data sheet you linked). The effect of gapping can be seen as reducing the H field so, your H field reduces to an equivalent value of around 185 At/m for an ungapped core. This allows us then to look at the published BH curve.

An ungapped core would necessarily be saturating however yours is gapped and has a viable permeability of around 170 compared with a penetrability of around 1520 ungapped (again these were numbers I determined from the information sheet you connected). The impact of gapping can be viewed as diminishing the H field along these lines, your H field decreases to an identical estimation of around 185 At/m for an ungapped center. This permits us at that point to take a gander at the distributed BH bend.

Now, if you look at the BH curve for N27 you will see this: -

1.jpg

Ian0

Joined Aug 7, 2020
In my openion you have a borderline however critical core saturation issue. Utilizing your third model, the current into the essential increases at a rate of V/L where V is around 311 volts (rectified AC and smoothed) and L is 1.6 mH. Along these lines, in 5 us I would hope to see the current rise to around 1 amp.
Where do you get 1.6mH? - REZA says the primary is 300uH