Floyd Electronics Book Multisim Files

Exjay

Joined Nov 19, 2015
Good day lovely people,

I surfed the web for a book that is good for understanding electronics both theoretical and practical, so I found Floyd books to be the best bet. However, I would need some multisim files to accompany studying the book. Can anyone help me?
I do not want recommendation of other books please

SamR

Joined Mar 19, 2019
I am doing the Floyd books also and they are a good choice in my opinion. Forget Multism, it is very expensive. Even the student license is not free. I use the free LTSVII to do the simulations when I need to. From what I've seen, LT Spice is far better than Multisim anyways. FWIW

Exjay

Joined Nov 19, 2015
I am doing the Floyd books also. Forget Multism, it is very expensive. Even the student license is not free. I use the free LTSVII to do the simulations when I need to. From what I've seen, LT Spice is far better than Multisim anyways. FWIW
Thanks samR. Do you mean I can still simulate the exercises in LTSpice. I am not sure I can do that, I am a neophyte in simulation world.

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
Thanks samR. Do you mean I can still simulate the exercises in LTSpice. I am not sure I can do that, I am a neophyte in simulation world.
Yes you can do the simulations. There is a learning curve, but there are multiple communities of LTspice users who will help you get started, including an active one here at AAC. There is me, @ericgibbs, @Bordodynov, @Danko, @crutschow, @eetech00 and many others.

Onetime offer. Post a screenshot of an elementary circuit and I will give you back a set of LTspice files ready to run.

SamR

Joined Mar 19, 2019
LTS has a learning curve and even after using it for a couple of years there is still more to learn. I tend to ignore the Multisim stuff in Floyd. But when I do want to simulate what the book is covering I do it in LTS. I looked into the Multisim stuff when I started my first Floyd book and between the Pearson site the book uses being no longer online and the price of Multisim I found it not worth trying to work with. I've seen screenshots of Multisim and was not really impressed with it. The only thing about Floyd is he uses some very involved algebra for solving phase problems instead of complex numbers which is much easier. I do very much like his "hands-on" approach though. I haven't used Calculus since college many decades ago so for non-calculus electronics texts Floyd is excellent in my opinion. So keep with it and learn LTS, it will help you.

Exjay

Joined Nov 19, 2015
LTS has a learning curve and even after using it for a couple of years there is still more to learn. I tend to ignore the Multisim stuff in Floyd. But when I do want to simulate what the book is covering I do it in LTS. I looked into the Multisim stuff when I started my first Floyd book and between the Pearson site the book uses being no longer online and the price of Multisim I found it not worth trying to work with. I've seen screenshots of Multisim and was not really impressed with it. The only thing about Floyd is he uses some very involved algebra for solving phase problems instead of complex numbers which is much easier. I do very much like his "hands-on" approach though. I haven't used Calculus since college many decades ago so for non-calculus electronics texts Floyd is excellent in my opinion. So keep with it and learn LTS, it will help you.
Thank you. I would be following so you would help me understand the LTSpice much better.

DickCappels

Joined Aug 21, 2008
From the User Agreement for this site:
"Please do not make requests for, or post links to, material that otherwise contravenes the conditions of the original or subsequent author's copyright. All instances of such requests will be met firstly with a warning, and secondly with a ban. If you are in doubt raise the issue with a Moderator or Administrator."

I heavily suspect that Multism files referenced Exjay fall into this category. Best to shift to LTspice examples to avoid an unpleasant result.