Flip Flop Computer Architecture Help needed

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
I need solution of Flip Flops. Attachment of table we need to put answers.Can you make equations for this example.?
Perhaps YOU might consider showing YOUR best attempt (or at least AN attempt) to solve YOUR homework.

Then we can see what you are doing right and what you are doing wrong and offer guidance.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
I need Next state in table. If you provide me equation of above curcuit it will help me alot.
That will not help you much at all. What will happen when you see a similar circuit on an exam? Will you tell the proctor to provide you with an equation?

Label all of the nodes in the diagram and then walk through the diagram figuring out what value each node will have for each possible combination of inputs and states.

fmalik

Joined Aug 20, 2016
That will not help you much at all. What will happen when you see a similar circuit on an exam? Will you tell the proctor to provide you with an equation?

Label all of the nodes in the diagram and then walk through the diagram figuring out what value each node will have for each possible combination of inputs and states.
ok I made equation please check

J1 = A' Ex-OR B'
K1 = (XA) Ex-OR A

J2 = XB'
K2 = (X' + B) Ex-OR B

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
ok I made equation please check

J1 = A' Ex-OR B'
K1 = (XA) Ex-OR A

J2 = XB'
K2 = (X' + B) Ex-OR B
Thanks for the effort. Now let's look at them one at a time. Let's pick the simplest one, which would appear to be J2

You say

J2 = XB'

This means

J2 = (X)(B')

Is that what YOU meant?

If not, rework your equations keeping in mind that negation takes precedent over any of the binary operators.

None of the others are correct, though a couple of them are in the right direction. But you also seem to be confusing some of the signals.

Actually, the more I look at your equations, the more they seem almost random. For instance, why do you get something different for K1 than you got for J1?

I'll suggest it again -- label all of the nodes in the diagram and then work out the equations for each node in progression.

fmalik

Joined Aug 20, 2016
Thanks for the effort. Now let's look at them one at a time. Let's pick the simplest one, which would appear to be J2

You say

J2 = XB'

This means

J2 = (X)(B')

Is that what YOU meant?

If not, rework your equations keeping in mind that negation takes precedent over any of the binary operators.

None of the others are correct, though a couple of them are in the right direction. But you also seem to be confusing some of the signals.

Actually, the more I look at your equations, the more they seem almost random. For instance, why do you get something different for K1 than you got for J1?

I'll suggest it again -- label all of the nodes in the diagram and then work out the equations for each node in progression.
Thanks I tried again Now i labeled diagram .

J2 = (X)(B') yeah this is like that.

J1 = X Ex-OR A'
K1 = X Ex-OR B'
K2 = (X' + A') Ex-OR B

Please check

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
Perhaps you might share this labeled diagram with us?

Look at the diagram. Do you see that J1 and K1 are connected to each other? If so, then how could your equations for J1 and K1 not be the same.

In order for me to see where you are going wrong, you need to SHOW how you got what you got.

Show the labeled diagram and then show your progression of equations for each node.

Otherwise the only thing I can tell you is that all four are wrong. I can't tell you WHY they are wrong ... until ... you ... show ... your ... work.

fmalik

Joined Aug 20, 2016
Perhaps you might share this labeled diagram with us?

Look at the diagram. Do you see that J1 and K1 are connected to each other? If so, then how could your equations for J1 and K1 not be the same.

In order for me to see where you are going wrong, you need to SHOW how you got what you got.

Show the labeled diagram and then show your progression of equations for each node.

Otherwise the only thing I can tell you is that all four are wrong. I can't tell you WHY they are wrong ... until ... you ... show ... your ... work.
please see image

Attachments

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
please see image
I didn't ask you to label the components -- it is assumed that everyone knows the different basic gate symbols.

I asked you to label the nodes.

Here, I'll do if for you:

labeled.png

Now start with

J1 = G

and then replace that with what G is equal to. Then replace those terms with what they are equal to, and keep doing that until you get down to an expression that only has A, B, and X in it.