Flexible cable

matteomarini

Joined Dec 2, 2023
Hi everyone

I own a very expensive film camera (2500 € and beyond) that I have sent for repair. During repair, a flex cable got broken. This part is unfortunately not available anymore. The cable does not seems too complex from a design point of view and I was considering asking some manufacturer to reproduce it for me. The idea is to get some 50-100 pieces for reselling them to other unfortunate cameras owners. I know that custom PCB is a mainstream business. What about flex cables ? Any hint about moving forward with my idea ?

Attachments

Jon Chandler

Joined Jun 12, 2008
Some of the Chinese fabs make flex cables for a reasonable price. A Gerber file can be created for the cable or Elecrow or JLCPCB may create the necessary file for a reasonable fee.

matteomarini

Joined Dec 2, 2023
Some of the Chinese fabs make flex cables for a reasonable price. A Gerber file can be created for the cable or Elecrow or JLCPCB may create the necessary file for a reasonable fee.
Many thanks Jon : today I received the broken flex cable and after examination I concluded it is beyond repair. I have now asked both Elecrow and JLCPCB if they can help me.
Thanks for the hint. Highly appreciated.