Flasher unit with Dawn Dusk Controller.

Dodgydave

Joined Jun 22, 2012
Well, yes, of course.
I gleaned that from your earlier post, but was more interested in doing a side-by-side comparison with that part versus an LDR of your choosing, and in seeing how you'd implement the diode solution in a way that was superior to AnalogKid's use of an LDR.
I use the TEPT5700 the time in photo sensing, best thing going, totally ignores street lights, and incandescents,.

EM Fields

Joined Jun 8, 2016
I use the TEPT5700 the time in photo sensing, best thing going, totally ignores street lights, and incandescents,.
According to this:

CdS spectral response.png
There's a pretty good match between your phototransistor ( which isn't the photodiode you touted earlier) and CdS below about 700 nanometers, so I don't understand where the advantage lies over CdS since it'll respond about the same to street lights and incandescents, but won't reject wavelengths higher than about 700 nanometers any better than CdS will.

How about a schematic of your widget so we can see what's going on with it?

madhavdivya

Joined Jul 20, 2011
Dear All,
Today I finally got the PCB and populated the board to find it working good. I thank you all for the support and active exchange of ideas and for pointing me in the right direction. Thanks again.
Will keep in touch.

madhavdivya

Joined Jul 20, 2011
Guys,
Greetings.
I have noticed that the 4093 in my cirucit is slowly getting warmer over a period of 48 hours. I am operating at 12 v DC regulated voltage. All unused pins are connected to GND. Any pointers?

All unused ***inputs*** should be connected to GND. All unused outputs must be left floating. A grounded output that is trying to pull high will overheat the chip.

ak
Wow!! Totally missed that. Outputs connected to ground!

Inputs on the other hand should in the limit be connected to the state that draws the least amount of power.
It isn't essential that ground be used. You might chose +V over ground because of layout issues