Fixing faulty HDMI to VGA cable adapter

Discussion in 'Technical Repair' started by bnhgj576, Jul 28, 2017.

1. bnhgj576

Thread Starter New Member

Jul 28, 2017
    Hi. I have recently bought a HDMI to VGA cable adapter from eBay and it turned out to be defective. I suspect the main problem is that loose, pink cable that is not connected wherever it was supposed to be connected to the circuit. I tried to find the circuit schemes/template for this type of adapter, which I thought pretty standard, but failed to do so. If someone can point me to where I need to solder that loose cable on the circuit, it would be greatly appreciated.

P.s. I've asked for a refund but the seller didn't comply and PayPal asked me to return the item to the seller with a tracking code, which would cost more than what I have paid.

P.s. I just created an account on this forum to post this question. If this is against the forum rules please feel free to delete it - but if someone can suggest me another forum (stackexchange, reddit, etc.) that would be more fit to this type of question, that would be great.

IMG_20170728_164155.jpg

2. paulktreg

AAC Fanatic!

Jun 2, 2008
    That pink (red) cable doesn't look tinned and may not have been connected anywhere?

Are there any pads with no wire connected?

bnhgj576 likes this.
  3. dl324

AAC Fanatic!

Mar 30, 2015
    There's a pad by C62 with no wire attached and it looks like some wires are connected to the other side of the board.
    upload_2017-7-29_9-6-26.png

bnhgj576 likes this.
  4. bnhgj576

Thread Starter New Member

Jul 28, 2017
    Now that you guys pointed out, yes there is one empty pad coded GND and looks like it needs a wire connection. I'll update this post when I solder it to that pad. Cheers.