Fixing faulty HDMI to VGA cable adapter

bnhgj576

Joined Jul 28, 2017
Hi. I have recently bought a HDMI to VGA cable adapter from eBay and it turned out to be defective. I suspect the main problem is that loose, pink cable that is not connected wherever it was supposed to be connected to the circuit. I tried to find the circuit schemes/template for this type of adapter, which I thought pretty standard, but failed to do so. If someone can point me to where I need to solder that loose cable on the circuit, it would be greatly appreciated.

P.s. I've asked for a refund but the seller didn't comply and PayPal asked me to return the item to the seller with a tracking code, which would cost more than what I have paid.

P.s. I just created an account on this forum to post this question. If this is against the forum rules please feel free to delete it - but if someone can suggest me another forum (stackexchange, reddit, etc.) that would be more fit to this type of question, that would be great.

IMG_20170728_164155.jpg

bnhgj576

Joined Jul 28, 2017
Now that you guys pointed out, yes there is one empty pad coded GND and looks like it needs a wire connection. I'll update this post when I solder it to that pad. Cheers.