Fishing alarm for rig fishing to avoid thefting our catched fish

sghioto

Joined Dec 31, 2017
You will need to isolate the phone from the circuit.
This is a simple 2 second timer using a relay to activate the phone.
Standby current is only 9 micro amps
1613774030496.png
Another version using an opto isolator to activate the phone
1613775097844.png

MrSoftware

Joined Oct 29, 2013
Based on my personal experience growing up, boating and fishing in salt water; I would personally make sure that any electronics that are to work reliably were completely sealed and potted. Instead of trying to rely on some wire breaking, instead use a magnet stuck to something metal and detect when the magnet is pulled away. Use a hall effect sensor, or a magnet activated relay, etc.. something that can be sealed in potting where the salt cannot get to it. Salt even kills insulated wires. When salt gets on one end, the corrosion goes right through the wire from one end to the other. All quality marine wire is fully tinned, for exactly this reason. Here is one example: https://www.ancorproducts.com/en/100310

KeithWalker

Joined Jul 10, 2017
You are all jumping to solutions!
Let us first analyze the problem: How to press the "1" button on a cellphone when a tripwire breaks.
What is the simplest solution?
My suggestion is this:
FishAlarm.jpg

Idea4device

Joined Feb 17, 2021
hi,
You could consider a 'Reed micro switch' connected across the button contacts.

Like this type, use a small magnet fastened to a string pull off loop.

Update:
View attachment 230928

E
https://cpc.farnell.com/hamlin/mdcg...PING&s_kwcid=AL!5616!3!490691434307!!!network}!371789919038!&gclid=Cj0KCQiA4L2BBhCvARIsAO0SBda5Uv61tCbRqcH-bu1EL-f3shAcifDem_hoF5Y3dF-hqBBguOzkPO4aAsikEALw_wcB
VERY IMPORTANT TO ME READ THIS AND GIVE ADVICE yes i test reed switch but i think reed relay is more practical than reed switch>>
ok let me into point >> between phone's 1 key loop, if i add this , when the RED wire in fererence photo(i connect a tiny copper loop to fishing line ) when it breaks then only current passes into reed relay (
) and activates connection of key 1 soldered loops ,>> it means key 1 is pressed and call initiated (1 key is voice mail number) after this i dont have any connection between the key 1's loops >>> which means i want to cut the current into reed relay from the battery it means i need to activate the reed relay for 1 sec only (usualy the time we press the key 1 for speed dial or a voice mail call) >>> i need single time triggering the reed relay only for single time call. . .
View attachment 230974
View attachment 230977
YES I WILL TRY THIS

KeithWalker

Joined Jul 10, 2017
can you explain little more , i never seen a piano spring yet
The piano wire spring is simply a piece of springy steel wire. One end of it is bent into a loop to attach the wire to. The other end is stuck into a firm base (block of wood?). The phone is positioned on the base with the piano wire almost touching the "1" key. The thin wire attached to the loop is connected to the trip wire which is pulled tight to move the piano wire away from the phone. When the wire breaks, the piano wire will spring back and strike the key on the phone.
I am an electronics engineer, but I am also a problem solver. Using electronics is not always the best way to solve a problem.
This solution does not need a power source. It does not contain a lot of components that could fail. As long as the phone is protected in a plastic bag, the normal environment will not interfere with its operation. A simple solution is usually the most reliable.

Idea4device

Joined Feb 17, 2021
The piano wire spring is simply a piece of springy steel wire. One end of it is bent into a loop to attach the wire to. The other end is stuck into a firm base (block of wood?). The phone is positioned on the base with the piano wire almost touching the "1" key. The thin wire attached to the loop is connected to the trip wire which is pulled tight to move the piano wire away from the phone. When the wire breaks, the piano wire will spring back and strike the key on the phone.
I am an electronics engineer, but I am also a problem solver. Using electronics is not always the best way to solve a problem.
This solution does not need a power source. It does not contain a lot of components that could fail. As long as the phone is protected in a plastic bag, the normal environment will not interfere with its operation. A simple solution is usually the most reliable.

MY need: can you please analyze diagram and please give advice for setting up this type of system, i just uploading the 2 diagrams uploaded by my Q: i want to a large LED to flash when i reach near the device , LED is added but i need the LARGE LED at phone side because after reaching the device i want to give a call to locate the device and fishing line easily at night

YES you said the correct logic using more complicated system will loose money , but this is a simple circuit one member shared that with 2 diagrams , when I use piano wire method the chance of triggering call will get reduced, because we go for fishing at risky places like 1/4 depth of Ottawa rivers at least above 500ft deep so we work hard to survive here, so we need perfect device with our own idea , a device not catch fish but , here when a big fish approaches our long lasting live baits(ties bait fish without hook into body )
so it will take long days to get a big bite on lure AT THAT SPESIFIC MOMENT WE NEED THE ALARM DEVICE because fish (our next day bread) will be stolen by lazy thieves when we were not in alert. . .now our season is open we need to be alert. . .
PLEASE READ THE BELLOW BY FOLLOWING THIS IDEA
View attachment 230974
View attachment 230977
And I mentioned my doubt and questions in in reply see and help me to finalize the project circuit diagram

MY need: can you please analyze diagram and please give advice for setting up this type of system, i just uploading the diagram
Q: i want to a large LED to flash when i reach near the device , LED is added but i need the LARGE LED at phone side because after reaching the device I want to give a call to locate the device and fishing line easily at night

and I need help to finalize circuit please finish the circuit if you can?

YES you said the correct logic using more complicated system will loose money , but this is a simple circuit one member shared that with 2 diagrams , when I use piano wire method the chance of triggering call will get reduced, because we go for fishing at risky places like 1/4 depth of Ottawa rivers at least above 500ft deep so we work hard to survive here, so we need perfect device with our own idea , a device not catch fish but , here when a big fish approaches our long lasting live baits(ties bait fish without hook into body )
so it will take long days to get a big bite on lure AT THAT SPESIFIC MOMENT WE NEED THE ALARM DEVICE because fish (our next day bread) will be stolen by lazy thieves when we were not in alert. . .now our season is open we need to be alert. . .to finalize the idea.jpgERC CHECK WARNING .jpg

Last edited:

Idea4device

Joined Feb 17, 2021
View attachment 230974
View attachment 230977
i am going to try this two diagrams , and i will come back with field testing reports
but before going for construct the device i need to know some thing and i want to add
more , to be braked loops into 4(the blue marked place) PLEASE SEE THE UPLOADED IMGAE AND ADVICE ME
INCLUDING THE ANSWERS FOR MY QUESTIONS . . .to finalize the idea.jpg

sghioto

Joined Dec 31, 2017
The 4N25 is a 6 pin chip I just drew it as needed. I actually used P2501 optocoupler, either one is fine.
The break loops will not work wired in parallel as shown.
They would need to be wired in series but that doesn't work either as the first break will render the rest of the loops inoperative.
Adding additional loops will increase circuit complexity, especially adding the LEDs the are somehow going to be motion activated?
Not saying it can't be done using analog circuitry but this project is starting to scream digital.
1613864793809.png

Last edited:

Idea4device

Joined Feb 17, 2021
The 4N25 is a 6 pin chip I just drew it as needed. I actually used P2501 optocoupler, either one is fine.
The break loops will not work wired in parallel as shown.
They would need to be wired in series but that doesn't work either as the first break will render the rest of the loops inoperative.
Adding additional loops will increase circuit complexity, especially adding the LEDs the are somehow going to be motion activated?
Not saying it can't be done using analog circuitry but this project is starting to scream digital.
View attachment 231075
Should I need to add another 9v battery for each breaker loop ?, but I wanted to add low power consumption good LED on the phone side : when I reach the site at night how can I easily identify the device floating at water with fishing line
when I reached near device I will call back into phone connected with the circuit at that time I need the LED to be Flash, when the phone rings by giving call into this phone LED should flash until the call ends
so please add nice LED SMD or THT (including general name) onto circuit

Ok , i understand you said , if I need to use multiple break loops I should move into digital circuit , ok let me assemble the first model as shown in previous replies. Ok thanks I appreciate your patience ,time taken to reply to my thread. If it works perfectly in real life situations , we can start advanced project thread using development boards.

Last edited:

sghioto

Joined Dec 31, 2017
Should I need to add another 9v battery for each breaker loop ?
No. One battery will suffice for as many loops as needed.
Another version using only one 2N7000.
1613880841685.png
I need the LED to be Flash, when the phone rings by giving call into this phone LED should flash until the call ends
No problem, just need details about LEDs you want to use.

Last edited:

Idea4device

Joined Feb 17, 2021
No. One battery will suffice for as many loops as needed.
Another version using only one 2N7000.
View attachment 231091

No problem, just need details about LEDs you want to use.
YES ,THANKS FOR VALUEABLE REPLIES, And I adding one more question about soldering 9v line and ground terminal for each ends please see attachment I mentioned details in it. and about LED,

LED : IS THIS OK?
like this >>> but I only purchase parts locally
In this video uses 9v 5w SMD FLASH LED DIODE can I use 10 or 20 watts?
COLOR: FAR RED , GRENN
AND I WANT TO ADD A DEVICE ON OFF SWITCH WITH TINY INDICATOR LED >> Is the ON switches comes with inbuilt tiny LED indicator?

LAST doubt LED.jpg

Last edited:

ApacheKid

Joined Jan 12, 2015
No, no, no, NO! - this has already gone way off in a bad direction I think, some others have said this too.

This is not (yet) an electronics question or project but a security question, I really think you've put the cart before horse here.

It seems that people are gaining access to something or someplace and you want be aware when this happen as a means of preventing theft.

I'd like to hear more about that, where is this, is it private land? is it some unmanned "fishing machine" is it just a local river where you leave the line out and go wandering about, returning an hour later? All of this information and more is important if I'm to offer any ideas.

Idea4device

Joined Feb 17, 2021
All the RED 9V points are connected together.
All the ground symbols indicate a common connection.
Ok but
1. I WANT TO ADD A DEVICE ON OFF SWITCH WITH TINY INDICATOR LED >> Is the ON switches comes with inbuilt tiny LED indicator?

2.*****can I stick a small VIBRATION sensor on phone rear side to activate a relay and Turn ON the LED flash light?(I think 2 diagram is suitable with this newer addition ?)1613974711873.png
please help to finalize this project idea, already started to collect parts as per your drawing. . .
I will come back , after successful implementation. . .for upgrading this project, thanks for your time and reply. . . because I learned few more things through the discussion. With all members. . .

Last edited:

Idea4device

Joined Feb 17, 2021
No, no, no, NO! - this has already gone way off in a bad direction I think, some others have said this too.

This is not (yet) an electronics question or project but a security question, I really think you've put the cart before horse here.

It seems that people are gaining access to something or someplace and you want be aware when this happen as a means of preventing theft.

I'd like to hear more about that, where is this, is it private land? is it some unmanned "fishing machine" is it just a local river where you leave the line out and go wandering about, returning an hour later? All of this information and more is important if I'm to offer any ideas.
Members please understand

I AM A GENUINE PERSON, Reason to start this thread at this forum;
my way of learning electronics ; learning electronics using real-life situations
Actively Learning electronics by relating and solving some real life issues is better and practical approach than a class room study, that's why I am here
so
If you anyone interested in reading this thread related story

#Situation 1 : directly related to me (related to income)
I have been going fishing for a long time. But in the case of catching fish, the fish may have been stolen by the time they put the net or fishing float back in the morning. Even a friend who is very close to the river does not get fish. I used simple electronics to find a way to avoid such bad situations without spending any more cash.

#Situation 2 : related to me with social values (protecting farmland)
wild life attack on farmland is increased more than earlier year in our area. To protect the farmland from the wild animal attacks we have no guns. Government has strict rules and regulation to provide gun license.
Only few person having license to fire guns. Because of this reason people can't inform the correct person near them and gun holders can't reach at attacked site at correct time due to this I planned to do this project as soon as possible

Last edited:

sghioto

Joined Dec 31, 2017
*can I stick a small VIBRATION sensor on phone rear side to activate a relay and Turn ON the LED flash light?
Yes that is very feasible. I have a circuit for that I can post here shortly.
Here's one suggestion for the high power LED from superbrightleds.com
Current draw is only 130 ma at 12 volts or 100 ma at 9 volts.
If you can't get this part then show me what you have access to and will design accordingly.
What kind of batteries do you have to power the LED assembly.
1614034978800.png
https://www.superbrightleds.com/mor...led-disc-15w-equivalent-130-lumens/1634/3847/

Idea4device

Joined Feb 17, 2021
Yes that is very feasible. I have a circuit for that I can post here shortly.
Here's one suggestion for the high power LED from superbrightleds.com
Current draw is only 130 ma at 12 volts or 100 ma at 9 volts.
If you can't get this part then show me what you have access to and will design accordingly.
What kind of batteries do you have to power the LED assembly.
View attachment 231212
https://www.superbrightleds.com/mor...led-disc-15w-equivalent-130-lumens/1634/3847/
SorryPurchase in US $ in not economical for me
Read below
1) LED:: LINK > https://t.ly/C8KG at this time I am adding 1 LED but I need 5 LED diagram

2) BATTERY 3000mAh :: LINK> https://t.ly/FGCf Can this battery affordable for powering up 3.7 volt phone and 12v 10W White High Power LED For 7 day - if no breaking of the loop means battery will not loos its charge?

3) Power regulator for phone in required yes? 12v to 5v how can we do that without purchasing regulator or a converter board I have phone's old charger module can I use that board.

4) very important in project;; SOLAR::
LINK > t.ly/4qVK
12V 100 mA - Solar Panel is good for this project ? Please add and mark it's circuit as marked as duplicate loop circuit at previous reply (may be I add this later)

but we have to make sure on battery charging at day time and discharging at night time so please add needful

a 5mm Photocell Photoresistor LDR Light Sensor https://t.ly/4VQu This also help to ON and OFF the charging system to Charge and discharge battery automatically?

Yes suggestion is perfect but total shipping charges exceeds my project budget 73$=5288 Indian rupees so just adding links for materials only it's totally costs 27$ I JUST ORDERING PARTS FROM ONLINE INSIDE OF MY CONTRY SHIPPING CHARGES ARE NILL OR VERY LOW

Consider the part's technical feasibility and give advice...

ALL LINKS ARE VERY LONG DUE TO THIS I SHORTENED THE LINKS

Last edited:

Idea4device

Joined Feb 17, 2021
SorryPurchase in US $ in not economical for me
Read below
1) LED:: LINK > https://t.ly/C8KG at this time I am adding 1 LED but I need 5 LED diagram

2) BATTERY 3000mAh :: LINK> https://t.ly/FGCf Can this battery affordable for powering up 3.7 volt phone and 12v 10W White High Power LED For 7 day - if no breaking of the loop means battery will not loos its charge?

3) Power regulator for phone in required yes? 12v to 5v how can we do that without purchasing regulator or a converter board I have phone's old charger module can I use that board.

4) very important in project;; SOLAR::
LINK > t.ly/4qVK
12V 100 mA - Solar Panel is good for this project ? Please add and mark it's circuit as marked as duplicate loop circuit at previous reply (may be I add this later)

but we have to make sure on battery charging at day time and discharging at night time so please add needful

a 5mm Photocell Photoresistor LDR Light Sensor https://t.ly/4VQu This also help to ON and OFF the charging system to Charge and discharge battery automatically?

Yes suggestion is perfect but total shipping charges exceeds my project budget 73$=5288 Indian rupees so just adding links for materials only it's totally costs 27$ I JUST ORDERING PARTS FROM ONLINE INSIDE OF MY CONTRY SHIPPING CHARGES ARE NILL OR VERY LOW

Consider the part's technical feasibility and give advice...

ALL LINKS ARE VERY LONG DUE TO THIS I SHORTENED THE LINKS
A vibration sensor with copper coil and 10k resistor which results into +5v ?

ericgibbs

Joined Jan 29, 2010
hi I4d,
I have been following your Thread.
I would advise you sit down and write out a feasible draft specification and rough budgetary cost for this project.

When you have done that, please post and then we can discuss/suggest ideas based on that specification & budget.

E