First hardware project - a system to check car battery

crutschow

Joined Mar 14, 2008
never taught about timing the devices with a clock (except for flip flops - but the idea there is pretty easy as they store only 1 bit),
Counters are just a collection of flip-flops and gates, so what applies to clocking one flip-flop, generally applies to counters, as all the internal flip-flops are connected to the same clock.
Counters also have inputs, like load for loading a parallel initial binary value, and carry-in for cascading counters for larger bit counts.
They have outputs like carry-out to go to the next counter carry-in.
All that is detailed in the data sheet.

Last edited:

MrAl

Joined Jun 17, 2014
Thanks for your reply dear friend!
Exactly, I've never did any digital logic circuit before, never taught about timing the devices with a clock (except for flip flops - but the idea there is pretty easy as they store only 1 bit), and even your comment is pretty hard for me to be understood because English is not my native language so I have to read slowly and use translation from time to time, same thing when using datasheets or other information in English around the cyber.
Oh ok well hang in there. If you like you can ask for someone to rephrase a sentence maybe then you can understand it better.
What is your first language?