Finally! MPLAB runs natively on Linux and OSx

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
It is still in beta. Last time i tested it had no software debugger/simulator. So I did not use it very much, and dumped it

retched

Joined Dec 5, 2009
It has the simulator now.. It is only missing smart code completion and...... I cant remember the other thing...

Written in netBeans with Java.. I like it thus far.

simulations are spot on thus far.

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
I tested it......And the simulator did not work properly for me at least. Microchip is into something. But still some way to go. I will use MPLAB for now.

retched

Joined Dec 5, 2009
What problem are you having? Give the develpment team the info to speed this process along.. Unless you are too busy reaching 1000 posts on some electronics web forum ;)

Well, I have not uninstalled MPLAB either... but X is looking soooo good!

Markd77

Joined Sep 7, 2009
It's a lot further along than last time I tried it. Another few months and it might be usable. There are a lot of things obviously missing or incomplete.

nerdegutta

Joined Dec 15, 2009
I'll Sleep on it..........
Don't bother to wake up, at least not to try this.:) I'm heading back to MPLAB 8.63, running on Linux through Wine, and Hi - Tech C.

It will be good, and had some cool features, especially holding ctrl down and clicking on a header file, then the file came up in another tab. I liked that.

retched

Joined Dec 5, 2009
There are a few things you have to do in X

You have to "un-hide" the real menus and functionality.

Under "MY MPLAB" in the start up dialog, click on "Select Simple or Full-Featured Menus"

follow the directions.

AlexR

Joined Jan 16, 2008
It looks promising but to call it a beta release is stretching the friendship. With the number of features missing or not working correctly its more like a pre-alpha release IMHO.