Final Project help: Voting System using parallel and full adders

Alraian

Joined Dec 2, 2020
I'm trying to make this circuit for my final project and I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.
This is what it's supposed to look likecircuit 2.PNG
This is what I have so far.circuit.PNG
Thanks

Alraian

Joined Dec 2, 2020
A voting system is a system that can be used to simultaneously provide the number of “yes” votes and the number of “no” votes on a subject of interest to a group of audience. In this project, the system includes a switch for “yes” or “no” selection at eachposition in the assembly and a digital display for the number of yes votes and one for the number of no votes. Each full-adder can produce the sum of up to three votes. The sum and output carry of each full-adderthen goes to the two lower-order inputs of a parallel binary adder. The two higher-order inputs of the parallel adder are connected to ground(0) because there is never a case where the binary input exceeds 0011 (decimal 3). For this basic 6 -position system, the outputs of the parallel adder go to a BCD-to-7-segment decoder that drives the 7-segment display.The resistors from the inputs of each full-adder to ground assure that each input is LOW when the switch is in the neutral position. When a switch is moved to the “yes” or to the “no” position, a HIGH level (VCC) is applied to the associated full adder input.

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
A voting system is a system that can be used to simultaneously provide the number of “yes” votes and the number of “no” votes on a subject of interest to a group of audience. In this project, the system includes a switch for “yes” or “no” selection at eachposition in the assembly and a digital display for the number of yes votes and one for the number of no votes. Each full-adder can produce the sum of up to three votes. The sum and output carry of each full-adderthen goes to the two lower-order inputs of a parallel binary adder. The two higher-order inputs of the parallel adder are connected to ground(0) because there is never a case where the binary input exceeds 0011 (decimal 3). For this basic 6 -position system, the outputs of the parallel adder go to a BCD-to-7-segment decoder that drives the 7-segment display.The resistors from the inputs of each full-adder to ground assure that each input is LOW when the switch is in the neutral position. When a switch is moved to the “yes” or to the “no” position, a HIGH level (VCC) is applied to the associated full adder input.
If this was how the problem was presented to you, find a better school.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
Look at those resistors from the full-adder. Where do they go to ground to assure a LOW?