Filter Design for front end differential analog input for power electronics control application

Nandish

Joined Nov 28, 2016
Hi,

We have power electronics application i.e. Induction furnace application, i use Mixed signal control using FPGA for controlling Induction Furnace. Its closed loop application. For that i have taken electrical signal as feedback and its front end nature is differential bipolar input. but i need to design ESD, EMI and EMC filter for differential front end input signals. Input signal Specification as follows.

1) Signal Voltage: 20Vp-pmax Differential Bipolar Input.
2) Frequency Range: 200Hz to 35KHz.
3) Signal Shape: SineWave/TriangleWave.

Please suggest ESD, EMI and EMC filter for this type of application. What filter topology will help with this application?

Regards,
Nandish Jasani.

Marc Sugrue

Joined Jan 19, 2018
Hi,

We have power electronics application i.e. Induction furnace application, i use Mixed signal control using FPGA for controlling Induction Furnace. Its closed loop application. For that i have taken electrical signal as feedback and its front end nature is differential bipolar input. but i need to design ESD, EMI and EMC filter for differential front end input signals. Input signal Specification as follows.

1) Signal Voltage: 20Vp-pmax Differential Bipolar Input.
2) Frequency Range: 200Hz to 35KHz.
3) Signal Shape: SineWave/TriangleWave.

Please suggest ESD, EMI and EMC filter for this type of application. What filter topology will help with this application?

Regards,
Nandish Jasani.
Perhaps No filter but the use of screened cables/boxes would perhaps eliminate the problem at source? You could possibly add a small signal RC band pass filter to clean up the lines to deal with low level/low energy noise.

Last edited: