Figure Error in Magnetic Units Section

mveracka

Joined Jun 19, 2007
In chapter one, section 14 on Magnetic Units of Measurement, the last figure shows a capacitor but the text appears to be referring to something else - probably an inductor. The author may want to revisit this.

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
Hi,

The figure appears to be comlpetely out of place within its current context in that section and I am not sure of why it is there. I'm not sure where you are getting the idea that it is referring to an inductor.

Thanks for the pointer we can look into it.

Dave

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
I'll second that. The description of a parallel plate capacitor in that context seems 'quaint' to say the least. Better would be some pictures to highlight the vocabulary which was just introduced. Pictures are worth many words.

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
I'll second that. The description of a parallel plate capacitor in that context seems 'quaint' to say the least. Better would be some pictures to highlight the vocabulary which was just introduced. Pictures are worth many words.
My assumption is that it is an error that has just propagated from one part of the e-book into that section when the files were created (somewhere in the e-book that diagram is used in its correct context!). I will request that it be moved.

Dave

jrap

Joined Jun 25, 2006
Fixed

It appears that '10233.png' in DC is different then in Reference. I was under the impression that the images were named as to not conflict?

Dcrunkilton

Joined Jul 31, 2004
I appear to have violated Tony's rule on file names:

00xxx = Volume I (DC) -- Schematic diagrams (.eps source)
10xxx = Volume I (DC) -- Tables and Equations (.eps source)
01xxx = Volume V (Reference) -- Schematic diagrams (.eps source)
11xxx = Volume V (Reference) -- Tables and Equations (.eps source)

Full specification here:
http://www.ibiblio.org/obp/electricCircuits/Devel/graphic.html

I need to change some new images that I added to REF volume to conform to the specification.
I will post back here in a couple of days when I get it fixed in the REF volume.

Dcrunkilton

Joined Jul 31, 2004
The following image numbers were in conflict between Vol 1 and vol 5:
10232.png 10233.png 10238.png 10239.png 10241.png
The affected images in Vol 5 have been respectively renumbered to:
11095.png 11096.png 11097.png 11098.png 11099.png
This also affects the html of volume 5 Chapter 1.5 and 1.6.

The Volume 1 images which probably need reloading are:10232.png 10233.png 10238.png 10239.png 10241.png, as they were probably overwritten by the volume 5 mis-numbered images.

In addition Volume 1 and Volume5 shared image 10237.png has been updated to include a drawing. This has no effect on the html in chapter 1 or chapter 5 where the image is located, as the image number is the same as before.

The repository at ibiblio has been corrected.

Sorry for the inconvenience