Favorite movie theme music

ApacheKid

Joined Jan 12, 2015
Not seen a topic on this yet, so why not. Here is one of my favorites, the movie is great but the music really adds a lot to its atmospere.

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
Maybe not a favorite but the music from the first Pirates of the Caribbean movie was epic and was a leading "character" in the movie. The sequels come up lacking in part because the music just wasn't anywhere near as good.

cmartinez

Joined Jan 17, 2007
Ever listened to the soundtrack of "Cloudy with a chance of meatballs" ? ... it's epic ... seriously. I know it's a children's animated pic, but it's as if the movie was written for the music, and not the other way around.

Tuqueakin

Joined Feb 9, 2024
The theme music from the first Pirates of the Caribbean movie is an absolute classic. It's like a character itself, setting the tone for the entire swashbuckling adventure. I remember the first time I heard it.

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
One of my favorite movies soundtrack is The Big Chill which features some great Motown music. I have others but right now The Big Chill comes to mind.

Ron

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
A neighbor's grandson, a HS senior, was doing a paper on Vietnam and asked to interview me. Something I pointed out to him was not just the turmoil over the war here at home but the music of the era including all of the anti-war music written. Groups like The Association even contributed with songs like Requiem For The Masses. Looking back over 50 years ago it's hard to believe I grew up as a child of the 60s being born in 1950 and a few days ago completed 74 trips around the sun. I can't help but believe the Vietnam War contributed so much to our music. Lousy war but great music came out of it.

Ron

KeithWalker

Joined Jul 10, 2017
I would have to go with Star Wars, I even find myself watching the end credits just to hear the music.
Back in the 80s when I designed and built built my bass speaker cabinet with a15" woofer in it, That was the first music I tested it with ..... nearly blew the windows out of the basement. I guess that's probably why I need hearing aids now.

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009
A neighbor's grandson, a HS senior, was doing a paper on Vietnam and asked to interview me. Something I pointed out to him was not just the turmoil over the war here at home but the music of the era including all of the anti-war music written. Groups like The Association even contributed with songs like Requiem For The Masses. Looking back over 50 years ago it's hard to believe I grew up as a child of the 60s being born in 1950 and a few days ago completed 74 trips around the sun. I can't help but believe the Vietnam War contributed so much to our music. Lousy war but great music came out of it.

Ron
That brings back WESTPAC memories.