Family Feud Button Project

jconstanza

Joined Aug 14, 2008
Ok I am working on making a button with sound and light. I got the sound working from a recorder module that I bought from radio shack for $11. The light is what I'm having a problem with. Their is a small LED that puts out 1.7v. I bought a couple of LED's from Radio Shack with that voltage, so I soldered 2 wires from the small LED to the ones I bought from RS.
I need to make the light brighter. The LED seems to sync with the sound. How do I add a 5v+ bulb to the mix. Is it possible? Do I have an alternative? Can someone help please!!!

jconstanza

Joined Aug 14, 2008
Sounds good but I think I need it in lamens terms, I only know so much about electronics. Resistors, I think I know what they are for don't know how to figure out when or how I need them. Same with diodes, transistors, regulators etc. I can read some schematics very little. I know when some components are bad. I know a little but not enough. I greatly appreciate your help.

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
Why don't you create and post a schematic of what you have now?

This will eliminate a tremendous amount of guesswork on our part.

I'm afraid that "a recorder module that I bought from radio shack" simply isn't enough information.

LED's do not "put out 1.7v", but they can have a Vf (forward voltage) of 1.7 if their color is red.

You will not find bright LEDs at Radio Shack. You will find useful indicator-type LEDs there, but not super-bright LEDs at anything resembling a decent price.

Post your circuit as it is. Use Windows Paint if you have nothing else - at least we will have some idea of what you are working with. Right now, we have very little information to work with.