Experimenting with sound: record interactively and playback programmatically

knowman

Joined Dec 9, 2017
Hi all,

I'm working on a project with the following functionalities:

• Record few sound messages at a trigger effect, for example press and hold a button to start recording a new additional message. Messages are supposed to be saved to playback later
  • The allowed number of messages and their duration should be predefined
  • Record specific sound messages to use as predefined messages like "Do this!" "Do that!"
  • Play sounds back at a trigger effect in a customized way (e.g. selectively, in random order, in a particular order, over a loop, with customized time between each)
A simple voice recording/playback example is found in a recordable greeting card, but I need the customized behavior I described above.

I'm wondering what it takes to experiment with the ideas above. They told me in other forums that I need something based on VS1063 Codec, and a kind of microcontroller to move data between the VS1053 and some kind of storage, like an SD card. Could you please help elaborate that? I need to make a list of all I need to do this project, and find simple examples that experiment with such ideas?

Thanks

knowman

Joined Dec 9, 2017
Thank you for your prompt replay.

Are there guides or tutorials to start learning about this kind ISD chips?

Thanks

In addition to the good information in the previous responses...and with regard to "I'm wondering what it takes to experiment with the ideas above."

You can get your feet wet with just a few bucks using a module like this one, which is available all over the cheap electronics sites and likely a few YouTube videos as well (search for: ISD1820 Sound Voice Module With Mic Sound Audio Loudspeaker."