Experiment with DC 3 pole motor.

RRITESH KAKKAR

Joined Jun 29, 2010
Hello,
I have 12V 300RPM motor.
I have Done reverse engineering all copper coil were disassembled.
In each pole it was ~41 Feet copper wires making good electromagnet.
I have cut 2 pole copper wires and only was left i am studing it how does it rotates so, fast ?
12V supply adapter is used.
1. In circular magnet how North and south pole becomes?
3. how the commutator winding is connected in 3 pole total 6 wires?
4. why it move less than 90 degree??

Here is the video i recorded.

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
For one you are showing a BLDC motor with 3 stator windings, in operation you need a means of commutation for this type of motor, only two stator winding are energised at any given time.
Not sure what you are exploring??
Max.

Attachments

RRITESH KAKKAR

Joined Jun 29, 2010
For one you are showing a BLDC motor with 3 stator windings, in operation you need a means of commutation for this type of motor, only two stator winding are energised at any given time.
Not sure what you are exploring??
Max
Hello,
First it is not BLDC motor it has small carbon brushes on plastic body which is not shown here in video.
The are total 3 winding on stator 3 pole, I am only using 1 winding at stator 2 wires connected to 12V DC SMPS.
I want to know how circular magnet make North south pole and how does rotor react to it?
according to rule of Fleming etc.
It is similar to this i have removed the commutator.

here is the brushes.

profbuxton

Joined Feb 21, 2014
Its a typical toy motor with 3 coil armature and brush connected commutator. Note stator only has two magnets.As to how it functions look up DC motor operation and let us know.

RRITESH KAKKAR

Joined Jun 29, 2010
Its a typical toy motor with 3 coil armature and brush connected commutator. Note stator only has two magnets.As to how it functions look up DC motor operation and let us know.
Why it is said toy motor?
some people use it in robots small.

the magnet shown in stator is different i have it similar to image but the working area of magnet is small.

profbuxton

Joined Feb 21, 2014
Some people may use them for robots, in view its still a toy motor used in model cars,trains, small handheld fans and various other battery operated small stuff.
And just what is the purpose of connecting 24V to that coil in the video.
Why the winding burn? Because too much current you put in.Why else it burn out would.

profbuxton

Joined Feb 21, 2014
What rotates well?? Are you talking about the video??
I do not see any rotation at all. All is shows is a 3 pole armature with winding on one pole and placed in the stator with the magnets.
When energized the armature acts as an electromagnet only and attaches itself to the magnetic stator and then burns out.
There is no commutator or bearings and the power is directly connected to the coil so I think you are deluding yourself if you think that it "rotates well" .
Strongly suggest more learning you do some sensible queries ask you may. May the farce with you be.

RRITESH KAKKAR

Joined Jun 29, 2010
In theatre, a farce is a comedy that aims at entertaining the audience through situations that are highly exaggerated, extravagant, and thus improbable.

profbuxton

Joined Feb 21, 2014
Then why are you asking about the "Why the ~41feet winding burn while applying the 24V AC 500mA??"

Your queries and responses do not make logical sense!

Dodgydave

Joined Jun 22, 2012
In theatre, a farce is a comedy that aims at entertaining the audience through situations that are highly exaggerated, extravagant, and thus improbable.
"Farce"...noun..

that is the exact description of your posts and questions.

Why would anyone put AC on a DC motor is beyond me!!!

RRITESH KAKKAR

Joined Jun 29, 2010
at or to the further side of.
A noun is a part of speech that denotes a person, animal, place, thing, or idea. The English word noun has its roots in the Latin word nomen, which means “name.” Every language has words that are nouns.

Why would anyone put AC on a DC motor is beyond me!!!
Experiment like scientist do.

profbuxton

Joined Feb 21, 2014
"that i want to know.
the electromagnet build in it was rotating up and down left / right due to alternate field at 50hz"

Now this is becoming nonsensical. Your post is about experiments with DC 3 pole motors. Now you talk about "alternate field at 50HZ". Now what was "rotating up and down left / right"??
Do you actually know what you are doing. I don't believe you have a clue.
I'm out of this.