Ethernet connection with arduino UNO and shield

bims93_dk

Joined Mar 23, 2023
Hi
I am currently working on a project where I am using the arduino uno with a ethernet shield
Right now I am using the arduino as a server. I want to send information over the ethernet connection. From computer to arduino without the "webpage".
As it is I need to send a string from computer to the arduino over ethernet connection. If this makes sense Hope you either can help or point me the right direction
Br

Ya’akov

Joined Jan 27, 2019
Welcome to AAC.

It would help a lot if you could describe the application not just this small part of it. That is, what problem is this part of a solution to?

As @Dave Lowther pointed out, you can use sockets, but without context it’s a blind guess about what you should do.

bims93_dk

Joined Mar 23, 2023
Correct. The problem here is that the "machine" which is sending the string can not put in data to a "webpage" (HTML text box) and press "submit".
it can only send the string (raw data) trough the ethernet connection (or thats what I want to do).
I have made it work where I manually put in a string into the text box (keyboard) and press submit.
Hope it makes sense

Ya’akov

Joined Jan 27, 2019
Even if you want to use http as the protocol you can use a user agent library, or something as simple as wget or curl to post form data without a browser involved.

But we just don’t have enough information to make clear suggestions. I would suggest you look into using curl to post form data. I have a suspicion it might solve your problem but I do think your problem is going to remain mostly a mystery to me.