ESD protection For RESET pin of MC

dileepchacko

Joined May 13, 2008
Dear All

I want a ESD protection of RESET pin of Micro controller(PIC micro controller). anybody help me for this account. I got a simple idea for this solution.but please suggest me any advanced protection method. see the attachment of ESD protection.

Attachments

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
What's in the schematic looks pretty good. The internal and external diodes clamp the pin's voltage from about Vss-0.7v to Vdd+0.7v. The capacitor helps by absorbing transients, even though the RC network is really for reset switch de-bouncing and setting a minimal time for the line to be held at a logic zero.

It really doesn't need anything else, unless you expect it to be in a very noisy environment. In that case, you could use a couple of Zener diodes back-to-back rated at Vdd less their Vf.

John Luciani

Joined Apr 3, 2007
Dear All

I want a ESD protection of RESET pin of Micro controller(PIC micro controller). anybody help me for this account. I got a simple idea for this solution.but please suggest me any advanced protection method. see the attachment of ESD protection.
Take a look at TVS (transient voltage suppresion) parts (try the Littelfuse website).
You also want a series resistance to limit current going into the pins.

(* jcl *)