EPSON M40C08PB DATASHEET

PasanJay

Joined Mar 19, 2021
hello... i have this IC which is ESPON M40C08PB. i couldn't seem to find and datasheet about the IC.. i suspect that this IC is know by another name... i found this IC on a Printer motherboard...can anyone help me to find the datasheet of this IC...

Attachments

PasanJay

Joined Mar 19, 2021
What printer?
i am afraid I don't exactly know that... it came off a junkyard circuit board pile.. and the board seems like it was from a printer of some kind... all the other parts were soldered into the pcb except for this IC which was mounted on a IC mount. meant it was removable... if you ask why i need the datasheet, i would say no particular reason just pure curiosity,☺

Attachments

atferrari

Joined Jan 6, 2004
i am afraid I don't exactly know that... it came off a junkyard circuit board pile.. and the board seems like it was from a printer of some kind... all the other parts were soldered into the pcb except for this IC which was mounted on a IC mount. meant it was removable... if you ask why i need the datasheet, i would say no particular reason just pure curiosity,☺
Thinking of my experience when doing some reverse engineering on an Epson LT750 (IIRC), the sole big IC besides the micro, was a big one like yours dedicated to glue logic; it had a strange format (at least for me): double row of pins on each side. It was evidently house coded.

Never seen another like that.

BTW, after applying brain surgery to the board, it had that IC removed and the micro replaced by one PIC, 18F family, becoming now a simple coil winding machine.

As usual you should try to get a service manual.

PasanJay

Joined Mar 19, 2021
Thanks man... i just found the exact printer of the IC..it is an epson stylus color 640 logic board... but no luck with the datasheet.. i just want to know this EPSON M40C08PB IC that i got goes by another name or not... and i suspects it is a I/O controller of some sort.