entrepreueur electronics

arjg89

Joined Apr 15, 2013
Hello forum,

Has anybody from the electronic hobbyist community ever actually started a business idea from their designs? I have an electronics engineering degree and at no point have we used SMD components, all through hole componenets. Is there any real use out of designing circuits with discrete components and a bit of breadboard? My time at University has never concentrated on creating a business, but gearing you towards a job working for an large organisation.
Any feedback or thoughts appreciated.

hp1729

Joined Nov 23, 2015
Hello forum,

Has anybody from the electronic hobbyist community ever actually started a business idea from their designs? I have an electronics engineering degree and at no point have we used SMD components, all through hole componenets. Is there any real use out of designing circuits with discrete components and a bit of breadboard? My time at University has never concentrated on creating a business, but gearing you towards a job working for an large organisation.
Any feedback or thoughts appreciated.
Also there is Maker Shed. What you suggest is a well traveled path.

takao21203

Joined Apr 28, 2012
Think how much you need to charge if the assembly, testing, getting the parts, takes you just one hour.

Think how many customers want to buy at this price?

On top of that, pcb, parts, warehouse rent, overhead, taxes.