Engineering Exploration Project

ashacekar

Joined Mar 1, 2017
In my Engineering Exploration Project,I need to design a self oscillating toy horse for 3-5 yrs old which can bear their load and has different speeds of oscillation controlled by arduino uno.The cost of making must be less than Rs 3000.Can anyone tell me how to go about it?

blocco a spirale

Joined Jun 18, 2008
In my Engineering Exploration Project,I need to design a self oscillating toy horse for 3-5 yrs old which can bear their load and has different speeds of oscillation controlled by arduino uno.The cost of making must be less than Rs 3000.Can anyone tell me how to go about it?
Isn't that your job?

blocco a spirale

Joined Jun 18, 2008
You must have some thoughts on how to solve these problems.

There are a number of aspects to this assignment: Mechanical, electrical, electronic and software so start by breaking it down and solving the easiest problems first.

If the oscillation is achieved purely mechanically by attaching a crank to a geared motor, the software and electronics become simpler. Effectively, all you need from the electronics and software is a motor speed control function (look for PWM using an Arduino).

Last edited:

ashacekar

Joined Mar 1, 2017
You must have some thoughts on how to solve these problems.

There are a number of aspects to this assignment: Mechanical, electrical, electronic and software so start by breaking it down and solving the easiest problems first.

If the oscillation is achieved purely mechanically by attaching a crank to a geared motor, the software and electronics become simpler. Effectively, all you need from the electronics and software is a motor speed control function (look for PWM using an Arduino).