End of world or no?......

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by dmowziz, May 3, 2019.

1. dmowziz

Thread Starter Member

Jan 18, 2019
    Hi. Unfortunately, due to my past actions I can not study electronics in my present school. I found a better school close by but the program is closed till next January :( Seems the world is ending for me

Did anyone here 'make' an electronics career without going to school? I don't know much, still on the basics like BJT amplifiers but I can study way harder than the average student : i guess that's the only thing good about me.........

Is there light at the end of the tunnel?

2. MaxHeadRoom

Expert

Jul 18, 2013
    If Michael Faraday can do it, then so can you!:D
    Some formal training certainly helps, but a surprising amount can be self learned by self teaching especially in these days of the internet!.
    Max.

Zeeus and spinnaker like this.
  3. KeithWalker

Jul 10, 2017
    You can learn as much electronics theory as you want from the internet. It is all there. I learned most of my practical electronics by getting my hands on it and experimenting. I made lots of mistakes in the early days but learned the most from them.

4. wayneh

Expert

Sep 9, 2010
    You can accomplish the learning yourself. But then you’ll need to prove yourself.

I don’t know enough about your field to get specific but I can tell you that employers are increasingly ignoring whether a hire has a degree or not, in favor of certifications of their proven skills. Degrees have been diminished in quality while third parties have gained respect for their programs and certifications have proven to be genuine measures of performance.

Figure out what you want to do and what you need to get started.

5. dl324

AAC Fanatic!

Mar 30, 2015
    Doesn't seem like much of a set back to me. January is only 2 quarters away. If 6 months seems like a big set back, use this as a learning opportunity and plan further ahead next time.

6. djsfantasi

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 11, 2010
    And whatever your past actions were, don’t do it again!

spinnaker likes this.
  7. shortbus

AAC Fanatic!

Sep 30, 2009
    Isn't he the guy that thought it was funny to trip his professor? And got expelled?

wayneh and OBW0549 like this.