Email Notifications Not Showing Up?

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
I do not seem to be getting email notifications. My Alerts are fine just nothing showing up as email notifications. Would I be alone in this? :)

Ron

AlbertHall

Joined Jun 4, 2014
I suppose they could be being blocked as spam by the ISP but there's no sign there that is happening.
I am going to try a different email address.

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
I know my server isn't blocking mine but I could likewise try a different email address. Still nothing on my end. Looking at my profile everything looks fine. First time this has happened.

Ron

AlbertHall

Joined Jun 4, 2014
I attempted to change the email address and got locked in a 'catch 22' situation. They send an email to confirm your new address - which I couldn't receive as it went down the same black hole as the others. That meant I couldn't reply to any messages in here until my email was confirmed! As you can see that part of the conundrum is now fixed and can reply but still no email notifications.

My ISP has looked and can nothing wrong. AAC has looked and the emails are being sent. The ISP will be doing more investigations over the next couple of days.

philba

Joined Aug 17, 2017
I had a similar sounding thing happen. Somehow my spam filter decided aac email was spam. Pretty annoyed when I figured it out. I'm sure you already looked into that possibility, though.

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
So here is what I have done. I changed email address for AAC. Unfortunately when you do this AAC sends an email to confirm which needs a reply. Until I reply my account was locked out. I was not getting the confirmation emails. The changed to email was a totally different server. As to my email client software I was using Mozilla Thunderbird. With everything going nowhere fast I figured I would use the AAC Contact Us and a nice person responded telling me emails were sent. So where were they? OK a new approach so I opened Microsoft Outlook which I once used. While I never set up any filters or rules I find my confirmation emails in the Junk Mail folder of outlook, I never found them at all in Thunderbird so have no clue what is going on. On the bright side while I am not getting notifications at least I got my account back. :)

I have no clue what Thunderbird is doing or why things changed but the problem sure looks to be with my email client software. I will see how using Outlook does.

Ron

AlbertHall

Joined Jun 4, 2014
AAC have records of messages being sent and accepted by wherever they go next.
My ISP can see no trace of these messages. Had a call today and they tried some more things. They rebuilt my mailbox on their server in the hope that would fix it (he didn't sound at all confident that it would). It hasn't, I still see no emails from AAC.
My ISP will call back to see if it's fixed so we'll see what happens next...

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
I have it all figured out. Everything now works. I remembered a few days ago that Mozilla Thunderbird, my email client did one of those security updates which email clients seem to like doing for my own good. I never gave it another thought. That is when I stopped seeing notifications. No clue why my email client suddenly decided AAC notifications were junk mail but it didn't even place them in junk mail, it simply made them go away to lord knows where.

My email server was my own server or through a domain I own and when I suspected that I went through a different server using an old email account on roadrunner.com. That is where I made already bad into worse. When I changed my email address in the forums they send an email for confirmation. Since my problem was not the email address (email server) and was my email client I was now locked out of my account pending response to emails I was never seeing. I used the AAC "contact us" and discovered I had been sent 5 email confirmations which I never saw. Finally I went back to using Outlook as my email client and I get a pile of AAC notifications and the confirmation emails. I fixed Thunderbird to quit automatically removing AAC notifications and will likely just continue to use Outlook. Damn strange how Thunderbird was handling my emails? It had to be that recent security patch update.

Ron

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
How did you do this, please?
I am also using thunderbird.
Go figure, I doubt this is a coincidence. I ended up getting into the security settings for the account I use with AAC and told it to place what it sees as junk mail to the inbox folder. I forget as I used something I found online. That is about what it came down to and while it did work I will likely stay with Outlook as an email client.

Ron

BR-549

Joined Sep 22, 2013
Right click on AAC email while it is still in junk folder. Select "this is not junk".

OR.....put AAC email address in contact list.

AlbertHall

Joined Jun 4, 2014
AAC mails don't appear anywhere. Not in inbox, deleted, or junk in thunderbird or if I access the ISP webmail. They are nowhere to be seen.

AlbertHall

Joined Jun 4, 2014
I have added that address to my address book but that doesn't seem to have made any difference.

Talking to the ISP, I don't think they can see them arriving at their mail server, so gawd knows where they are going. Maybe the North Korean security services are stealing them for the vital information they contain.