Email alerts

sghioto

Joined Dec 31, 2017
I haven't been receiving any email alerts since June 15,2020.
I am using Outlook.live.com
This is happening on all my devices, laptop, desktop and phone.
The address "noreply@allaboutcircuits.com" is not blocked and is listed in my safe senders list.
I did reach out through " Contact Us" and received a reply <I can see we are sending emails, but we've noticed Hotmail users have found the newsletters not hitting their Inbox>
Anybody else having this problem and know what the fix is?

jrap

Joined Jun 25, 2006
Hi @sghioto , happy to continue our email conversation here.

1604690490547.png
Unfortunately there is not a lot I can do -- Hotmail is blocking the mail -- "Not delivering to a user who marked your messages as spam"

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
I have had this happen maybe twice over the years. No rhyme or reason. Eventually the problem just goes away and I get several dozen old emails at once. Never did find a cause. :(

Ron

sghioto

Joined Dec 31, 2017
Thanks Ron. I'm at a complete loss on this one but I suppose it's not a bad thing. My inbox will be less cluttered. :p

Tonyr1084

Joined Sep 24, 2015
I, too, have not been getting email notifications of replies. I have tried unsuccessfully to rectify the issue. For some reason, the past few days I have gotten SOME notifications of responses. So I have no idea why about 10% of responses are coming through as notifications in my email.

Now, if I NEVER get notifications or ALWAYS get notifications, it could be a settings issue. But since I OCCASIONALLY get notifications, I don't think it's a setting issue, I think it's a problem at the host site.

djsfantasi

Joined Apr 11, 2010
Even normal notifications are iffy. When going through new posts, I often find new replies to threads I am following... and for which I didn’t get a notifications. I’ve reported this several times over the years.

atferrari

Joined Jan 6, 2004
I do not know how / how much my case relates to the OP but I suffered a total blocking of my emails to one of my major customers.

While using any kind of tricks to make my emails to reach their destinataries I did intensive attempts to get my account cleared as a no-spammer. After one long year, the prevailing conclusion was that their system had blacklisted my IP who acquired bad fame for not stopping the spam going out (what include my account amongst many that had nothing to do with that).

After seeing that nobody was actually interested in solving my problem I cancelled my contract and also moved to a Gmail account.

Audioguru again

Joined Oct 21, 2019
I use gmail.
Today I looked for new threads and found a reply to me, but I did not get an email about it. At the top of the screen at the Alerts bell it was there along with two other alerts for replies that I did get an email for each one.

The needed email was not in my empty spam folder or trash folder.

Tonyr1084

Joined Sep 24, 2015
Sometimes I get an email, other times I don't. As of late I haven't gotten any. However, in the last month I've gotten SOME, not all, email's alerting me to new replies.

Audioguru again

Joined Oct 21, 2019
My problem is recent and does not occur on other forums that are not associated with All About Circuits.
The problem does occur with the sister forum (I can't remember which one) to All About Circuits.

Audioguru again

Joined Oct 21, 2019
Yes, I had an email alert of replies problem at Electronics Point where their emails recently went in my Spam folder that I never ever looked at before. My Spam folder has been empty since then.