Elite Screens RF Remote Trigger Switching

Gcp1993

Joined Jun 11, 2019
I am trying to set up my Elite Screens screen with a universal remote. I am able to connect the ES remote to the projector or (via the 3.5mm) that is able to send a pulse which tells the ES remote to send the signal to drop the 16:9 screen.

The problem is, there is no way to send the signal for the 2.35 resolution screen with this pulse (16:9 is the only default). I am also able to send a pulse with our receiver, so my solution is, with a second remote, alter the circuit board so that the pulse will trigger the 2.35 resolution screen (leaving one remote untouched to control the 16:9 command. The remotes themselves will be unused and unseen).

I believe this should be relatively straight forward, but my experience with circuitry is somewhat limited. Basically, I need the 3.5mm port to route to the 2.35 (middle button) command instead of the 16:9 (bottom button).

If this is possible or you have any guidelines on how I should accomplish this, I would greatly appreciate it!

Attachments

You could probably use an optoisolator with the output across the switch and the LED input in series with a resistor to the pulse input.
upload_2019-6-12_7-48-15.png
You will have to measure the voltages to get the polarity correct and to determine the resistor value to set the current for the LED.