Electronics Workbench Comparisons

Dan

Joined Mar 2, 2004
I'm wondering if someone could explain the basic differences between EWB StudentSuite and EWB Version 5.1-Student Edition, (other than the printed circuit
board software included with StudentSuite).

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
I must say I've never heard of version 5.1 student edition, could it also be the MultiSim Textbook edition? :huh:

Heres a comparison of the EWB StudentSuite against the MultiSimTextbook edition.

Dan

Joined Mar 2, 2004
Thank you for your prompt reply Dave. I believe that EWB Version 5.1 is an obsolete EWB program which may explain why there is no information about it on the EWB website. I suppose the student edition was an abbreviated version of the professional software.

Dan

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
Originally posted by Dan@Mar 4 2004, 01:14 PM
Thank you for your prompt reply Dave. I believe that EWB Version 5.1 is an obsolete EWB program which may explain why there is no information about it on the EWB website. I suppose the student edition was an abbreviated version of the professional software.

Dan
Yeah, generally seems to be the case. However I have found that student versions of a lot of software, AutoCAD for instance, is every bit as good as the full professional version.

That EWB StudentSuite seems to be quite a comprehensive piece of software for designing small circuits (100 components is enough for small design projects). And I'm not sure what the exchange is at the moment, but $89 doesn't seem to bad a price.