electronics workbench

ninjaman

Joined May 18, 2013
hello

I have just tried that ltspice thing and its a bit fiddly for me at the moment. I have a book called electronics projects using electronics workbench by mp horsey. it came with a demo disc that has 15 circuits on that you can simulate. it also has the 160 circuits that are in the book but I need electronics workbench 5.1 the full version. though I cant find this anywhere. does anyone know where I could find this please. I have found 5.12 free downloads but those are all nasty viruses. I cant find a pay one or free one. anyone seen it. I would like to use the circuits that are on the cd. I cant get them to play.
thanks
simon

ninjaman

Joined May 18, 2013
hello
I didn't want the full multisim as its expensive. i wanted to find an old copy of workbench 5.1

I have tried the LTspice software and found that a little tricky, the loaded examples seemed quicker and more straight forward.

thanks
simon

Mike33

Joined Feb 4, 2005
The problem is, EWB is copyrighted software and for someone to send it to you, or to link you to a 'hot copy', I believe is software piracy :eek:(

I suggest getting started with LT Spice or other free software. Almost EVERYONE uses LT spice, and that makes it easy to share schematics, especially if you need help! So after you learn (and really, it's not THAT hard, it just looks that way at first!), you'll get a LOT more out of it than using an outdated program. It can be updated regularly, there's a lot of support for it, there are millions of examples and user groups for it.

Start over right, and you will be rewarded later, trust me.

JoeJester

Joined Apr 26, 2005
Usually those books have a demo copy of EWB. The last old book I bought had a demo of multisim. One would think multisim could read EWB extensions.