Electronics AC/DC + Logic Cheat Sheets (Final Edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

m4yh3m

Joined Apr 28, 2004
Basic AC/DC Electronics students will find Circuit Formulas very helpful. A college level electronics text book was dissected for only the essential formulas. Useful for homework or tests (if your professor allows it!).

Digital Electronics students will find Logic Gates - Boolean Algebra - Karnaugh Maps useful. All of the logic gates showing inputs/outputs, Boolean algebra theorems, and Karnaugh Map layouts are combined on one sheet for easy reference.

These documents are for reference only. Please do not contact me asking me to explain the formulas. They will be ignored.

If you find errors DO contact me. I will try to fix them as quickly as possible.

If the current images are not of sufficient quality when printed, post a message on here and I will increase their resolution. I originally had a 600 DPI image set, but it was almost 300 KB. This is an "automatic" export. Feedback is appreciated.

Also, I have removed the security features from the files in hopes that all software readers will be able to open them.

IMPORTANT:
Files are only accessible to registered users.
Please make sure your PDF reader is up-to-date.
Using older versions may result in errors trying to open the documents.
When printing, make sure you adjust the page scaling to "shrink to printable area".

NOTICE:
The following links will direct you to PDF reading software. AllAboutCircuits.com (AAC) is not associated with the companies that produce the respective programs/software nor does it endorse them. I provide you the links as only a starting point. Your agreement to install said software is between you and the company who owns the license/patents of said software and you are bound by their EULA TOCs. AAC is in no way liable for your decision to install third party software or the results thereof, nor is it required that you install said software to gain access to this site.

If the mods delete the links then it is for good reason. If you don't understand how to use a PDF file, ask in the forums, or contact companies who create PDF readers and ask for assistance (google it).

Foxit Reader
http://www.foxitsoftware.com/Secure_PDF_Reader/

Adobe Reader X
http://get.adobe.com/reader/

Attachments

Last edited:

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
For those having troubles viewing the attachments, download it to your hard-drive and open it from there. You should also ensure you have the most up to date version of Adobe Reader or other PDF-viewer.

Dave

m4yh3m

Joined Apr 28, 2004
As it stands, there's not much of a need to edit these files, and will stay at the current revision. Sure, there's probably a few more formulas I missed, but honestly -- I've crammed about 80% of a text books' vital formulas into one sheet (for ac/dc). Quite handy for tests/finals if your professor will let you use it. So consider this the final edition. When I get put into a position of needing another formula sheet, be assured, I'll make one. Good luck with your studies!

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
Hi m4yh3m,

I have updated the thread title to reflect the fact that these are the final editions of these cheat sheets (for the moment).

Thanks as always for this useful resource.

Dave

m4yh3m

Joined Apr 28, 2004
hold tight... i don't know why the files keep disappearing. i'll put them on an ftp server and post the link. gotta find them *again* :(

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
hold tight... i don't know why the files keep disappearing. i'll put them on an ftp server and post the link. gotta find them *again* :(
It was a hangover issue relating to the recent server changeover. As jrap has said, this has now been resolved. m4yh3m, if you ever need electronic copies of the cheat sheets drop me a PM and I've send them over.

Dave

m4yh3m

Joined Apr 28, 2004
It was a hangover issue relating to the recent server changeover. As jrap has said, this has now been resolved. m4yh3m, if you ever need electronic copies of the cheat sheets drop me a PM and I've send them over.

Dave
Actually, I found my original DOC files :p Thanks though! I'm still putting them on FTP in case something gets FUBAR.

please correct me if I am wrong but in a logic 'and' gate has a A and B input and and Y output if bot A and B inputs have a 1 reading then does that not mean that Y would have a 1 signal, because in the Logic Functions & Gates PDF i found that the 2 input truth table has it mistaken.

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
In fact I can suggest there are several errors:

Truth tables for erroneous gates as follows:

AND:

0-0 = 0
0-1 = 0
1-0 = 0
1-1 = 1

OR:

0-0 = 0
0-1 = 1
1-0 = 1
1-1 = 1

NAND:

0-0 = 1
0-1 = 1
1-0 = 1
1-1 = 0

NOR:

0-0 = 1
0-1 = 0
1-0 = 0
1-1 = 0

XOR:

0-0 = 0
0-1 = 1
1-0 = 1
1-1 = 0

XNOR:

0-0 = 1
0-1 = 0
1-0 = 0
1-1 = 1

From looking at the cheat sheet, I think the problem is that the variables A and B have being listed incorrectly. If they are listed in ascending binary numerical order, i.e. 0-0, 0-1, 1-0, 1-1, then the truth table results are in the right order.

Dave

m4yh3m

Joined Apr 28, 2004
please correct me if I am wrong but in a logic 'and' gate has a A and B input and and Y output if bot A and B inputs have a 1 reading then does that not mean that Y would have a 1 signal, because in the Logic Functions & Gates PDF i found that the 2 input truth table has it mistaken.
You're absolutely correct. I've probably never noticed it before because I've always "known" how the gates operate, but never noticed it since most people can't recognize their own errors. I always thought everything was done right. I'll see if I have any different revisions of the doc... for some reason I'm noticing my tables are missing borders on some of them.

I really appreciate all the feed back everyone has given, and am glad these things have been such a help to people. It all makes the sharing "worth it". They would have never seen the light of day ever again had I not come across this website :p

I'll get to work on them and have them posted ASAP. Current limitations include: 46 hour work week graveyard shift w/ Wednesdays + Thursdays off, so try not to get too antsy.

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
Thanks for the updates m4yh3m.

For the information of those using Adobe Reader 7, these cheat sheets will open and display correctly, however you will need to click through some error messages on opening the file. This has been tested using Adobe Reader 7.0.9.

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.