Electronic Solution For Non Stop Barking Dogs?!

visionofast

Joined Oct 17, 2018
Hi there,
I guess the only creatures that'd loud their sound in front of odd or strange things are DOGS,
devil or angel,doesn't matter...the more strange thing,the louder barking sound...
ahh, other living things are used to run away facing with frightening and strange objects,but dogs... they stay and increase level of barking sound as well.
There're some of local neighbours own dogs in their front yards with a lot of noise time against every strange stuff 24 hours a day.
so,looking for an electronic solution like an E- whistle or something that could be enabled after a processor detects barking noise,in odd ours of day and causes a permanent stop for the issue.

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
There are no known safe and effective measures that you can apply unilaterally. Your best bet is to make ignoring the problem expensive for the dog's owner. The only problem with that strategy is that it will probably invite unpleasant forms of retaliation. After the prime directive of: "Never start a land war in Asia", comes "never start a war you are not prepared to win". IMHO, your prospects appear grim.

atferrari

Joined Jan 6, 2004
There are no known safe and effective measures that you can apply unilaterally. Your best bet is to make ignoring the problem expensive for the dog's owner. The only problem with that strategy is that it will probably invite unpleasant forms of retaliation. After the prime directive of: "Never start a land war in Asia", comes "never start a war you are not prepared to win". IMHO, your prospects appear grim.
Compared with a road rage situation, the main difference is that a neighbor always knows where you live and it is always there.

SamR

Joined Mar 19, 2019
The only cure is with the owner. Dogs will do what dogs do without otherwise training their innate behavior patterns. Very similar to the wireless dog fence collars my dogs wear to keep them at home. Barking initiates a negative response that they will not enjoy and will soon cease barking to prevent its recurrence. Starts with a warning beep and if that is ignored continues with an adjustable level shock. Doesn't take very long...
1651098283750.png

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
There're some of local neighbours own dogs in their front yards with a lot of noise time against every strange stuff 24 hours a day.
The problem is almost always dog owners, not the dogs. Says the man who just spent 45 minutes scooping poop from his neighbor's dogs (and said neighbor had the nerve to wave at me when he drove by while I was doing it).

Check your county ordinances. Mine say that a dog barking continuously for 15 minutes is a nuisance, and the owner is subject to disciplinary action. It will help your case a lot if you get animal control involved and have recordings. One of my neighbors did that with a new neighbor with two problematic dogs. I went to their hearing to give them moral support. Animal control screwed up in this case, but the judge told everyone in the court room what should have been done. In my case, the owners finally did something to stop their dogs from barking.

SamR

Joined Mar 19, 2019
When using a training collar on my Labradors, it has 3 buttons. Sound, Vibrate, Shock. You start with the Sound. I assume it might be ultrasonic as I don't hear it but the dog sure does. When doing something wrong, a strong NO directed at the dog and push the Sound button. Invariably the dog stops and perks up his ears listening. If bad behavior continues, another strong NO and push the Vibrate button. Same type of reaction but usually with a little jump of surprise added. If the dog is still hardheaded and continues then another strong NO and push the Shock button. The shock has a variable setting. Mine is 0-100 and you want to start low but enough that the dog feels it. This reaction is much stronger. The dog will jump and spin around to see what just hit him and tail between its legs start looking for a hidey hole to crawl into. I've had some hard-headed willful dogs (especially when excited) but I've never needed 100 and it doesn't take too many times of being shocked for the dog to get the idea that NO means NO. At that point the dog will usually respond to sound or vibration if it is too full of energy. Mine stays on 25 if a further Shock refresher is needed which is rare. I have never turned it up to 100. BUT! I would expect that using loud ultrasonic sound to someone else's dogs across the fence would first, maybe, cause them to pause and seek the source of the sound. Since it was coming from outside their yard they would then start barking anew but even louder at the outsider sound intruding into their home territory as a normal defense mechanism for dogs. I don't think it would work unless the sound level was painful and that would be cruel and dangerous for the dog and your ears as well.

Last edited: