Real-time problems which can use electronic circuits as a solution?

xeroshady

Joined Aug 1, 2012
Hey everyone, can you suggest some real life problems that you face, which you may be able to fix with the help of some simple gadget or electronic circuit? It's for a college project.

For example, when water stagnates at a place, instead of using buckets to transfer the water, you can use a portable motor or something, which can be operated by rotating a handle to generate power, hence not requiring a power source.

I really can't think of any everyday problem that I face, which can actually be solved with electronic circuits.

And since I'm a first year college student, I don't know much about circuit design, and won't be able to use components like ICs and OP-AMPS :/

Suggestions anyone?

KMoffett

Joined Dec 19, 2007
If you look through these Forums, you will find all sorts of real world problems that people want to solve.

Google: FYP electronic
(FYP=Final Year Project)

Ken

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
Pet doors are a common one. Keep the raccoons out but let the pets in. Solutions can range from very low tech (I use a bucket in front of the door at night) to the latest RF and microprocessor tricks. Webcams, critter cams, internet connectivity, the works.

I'd like to apply MPPT to an automatic transmission on a bicycle. Oops, did I say that out loud? Could be a patent opportunity. ;)