Electronic mole repeller project starting

Chris-nk

Joined Mar 1, 2015
Ha ha ha ha GopherT you are the king ha ha ha ha...
Hey guys I just want to build my repeller which one will work exactly as GopherT described but with the imagination of other peoples and maybe we make the perfect mole repeller which are well not working as the "pros" not say but sell but with one big difference, this mole repeller would be the biggest "mole frustrator" in the world because nobody as I know never made this crap of electronic and had fun as we here have as I can see.
I will build one as you advice and as we decide to do it as we think and will put all the names of you on the box who are helped to realise this and post the picture here.

Hey!
Make thinks simple and have fun. :)
Even if this will not work, no problem we make practice and have fun.
The mole would be frustrated and eat all the roots of my grass but no problem then I will attack him with a hand grenade... ha ha ha ha... :D:D:D

Alec_t

Joined Sep 17, 2013
How about build a small audio amp and use an MP3 player to drive it. Experiment with classical music and various flavours of pop. You might find moles attracted by one genre but repelled by the others :D. At last we'd get some experimental results to show if moles are affected by sounds or not!

Chris-nk

Joined Mar 1, 2015
I think on the end of this project we would have an underground discotheque for moles... :D
Whit the classic music my neighborhood will dislocate me and my mole too... :)

Chris-nk

Joined Mar 1, 2015
I don't know why you think 602 zetta Hz maybe 1 yotta Hz is much more sounded then 602.
Maybe I can generate 600 ZHz but this 2 ZHz make me some trouble... :rolleyes:

Chris-nk

Joined Mar 1, 2015
Thanks GopherT, I learned something new. I'm not so familiar whit Mr. Avogadro constant but I got the very basics...
Nice link. Thnx.

Denesius

Joined Feb 5, 2014
I had a terrible mole problem at my previous residence: I'd wake up every morning to a new mound of fresh turned dirt on my otherwise immaculate lawn. I tried all the noise makers (none worked); Water would just drive up my bill & soak into the sandy soil; the carbon monoxide device just overheated my vehicle; the bombs made a stink & burned my lawn, etc.
Out of frustration, I wired a 15KV transformer to a rebar stuck in the middle of the yard, and put it on a timer to come on shortly after the sprinklers finished their chore. Voila! No moles. Only issue was the occasional blown CB, usually from the neighborhood dogs coming over to investigate, sniff and mark the pole. Never knew a dog could howl that loud while running...

Denesius

Joined Feb 5, 2014
Sounds good, I will try and post the result...
Find a local business that deals with neon advertising signs and plead poverty and they'll probably give you one of their old transformers. They run on 110V and put out 12-15KV on the secondary. Avoid the 'Franceformers' or any of the modern ones, as they have built in fault breakers which will not tolerate the proposed use. Since this thing is dangerous, I'd make sure neighborhood kids don't have access to it. I'd also put it on a timer so you don't burn it out, or start a grass fire. It helps if the soil is wet. With the ground (copper pipes) at the house, and the HV going into the earth in the yard, the current flow will discourage moles from coming into your yard: it will not kill them unless they happen to be real close when the system kicks on. I ran mine for 10 minutes 2-3 times per day and didn't have another mole mound until I shut everything down that fall.

Chris-nk

Joined Mar 1, 2015
Thanks for advice.
Nobody have access to the place only me and the mole. :)
I thinking to use the ignition coil from the car or the HV transforer from an old crt tv or monitor. It should do the work too or?

Kermit2

Joined Feb 5, 2010
we use 'mothballs' under our house and in the attic to repel all manner of critters. the fumes are very heavy and would stay in any low spots, or tunnels if put there. I do havedoubts about how well it would work against an active tunnelling type pest, but can whole-heartedly endorse its use for any nesting types like mice, squirrels, rabbits and skunks.

ian field

Joined Oct 27, 2012
Do you have any research indicating that an electronic device will discourage moles from eating the roots of fruit trees?
The prevailing theory is that male moles make a thumping noise and male moles avoid each other - so any device that imitates that thumping noise acts as a deterrent.

A similar type of thing to mosquito repellers - something to do with its the females that suck blood, and they avoid the males when they're feeding, the electronic repellers supposedly imitate the note of the male's wingbeat.

Chris-nk

Joined Mar 1, 2015
ian fiel:
have you any infos about the frequency of that thumping noise of the mole?
I'm interested too in the mosquito frequency..

Thanks a lot...