Electronic Circuit Simulation Software help

chavalisurya

Joined Jan 12, 2016
Hi guys,

I was given a Task of implementing an electrical circuit in a Software that doesnot have the ability to perform circuit Simulation, at this Moment.
So basically, what i am supposed to do is to write a Piece of code inside the main Software so that it can simulate electronic circuits. I know its a bit tough Task to do. The help that i am looking for is, if some one could explain me or suggest me a book through which i can learn the fundamentals of circuit Simulation Software. All and any suggestions are welcome.

P.S: I dont want to design a whole new SPICE Software, coz i know it takes Ages and also too complex. All i want to learn is to be able to simulate Basic circuits with one or two components rather than complex circuit such as a Trasformer Rectifier Unit.:p

crutschow

Joined Mar 14, 2008
I don't understand why this simulation code has to be part of the software you have. :confused:
Just use a standard Spice or other similar program to do the circuit simulation.
There's no good reason for you to invest a lot of time and effort to re-invent this (very complex) wheel.

chavalisurya

Joined Jan 12, 2016
I don't understand why this simulation code has to be part of the software you have. :confused:
Just use a standard Spice or other similar program to do the circuit simulation.
There's no good reason for you to invest a lot of time and effort to re-invent this (very complex) wheel.
Yeah, I agree with you crutschow. But what i want to learn is the algorithm behind these Softwares. I know i can perform the circuit Simulation anytime using the available Softwares like LTspice, Tina ti and so on. For me, it would be interesting to know how it is done rather than simply using them.

Alec_t

Joined Sep 17, 2013
I did something like this in Basic, many moons ago, for a fixed circuit with only a few components. As I recall, it was mainly just a matter of writing a set of equations defining the currents through and voltages across each component, using Ohm's and Lenz's Laws.

chavalisurya

Joined Jan 12, 2016
I did something like this in Basic, many moons ago, for a fixed circuit with only a few components. As I recall, it was mainly just a matter of writing a set of equations defining the currents through and voltages across each component, using Ohm's and Lenz's Laws.
Thats a positive hope Alec_t,
It would be more helpful if you could shed some light on how exactly you were able to do that or some books that i can refer to . Many thanks in advance.